Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dent Removal Kits

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Have a VF Commodore Series 1 with one dent in offside rear door. The size of a one cent piece. Have come across Dent Removal Kits on E Bay. Can I ask if these kits work. The info is you put hot glue on the dent then put a rubber disc on the glue. When it is dry and fixed, you use a device to gently prise the disc upwards thus pulling out the dent.

Open to any details as to, do these kits work.

Thanks in advance

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Been looking at these myself. No idea if they work though, so putting off getting one until I know for sure. Paint-less dent removal blokes can fix them but probably looking at $50 per ding, with a $100 minimum charge. I was only thinking about those tools this morning and watching vids on their use.
Local paint-less dent bloke didn't want to work on my old bus and we only have one in the north of the state AFAIK., I don't know if Hobart even has a paint-less repair bloke? I haven't been able to find one. So I have to wait until I head to the mainland before I can get my dings repaired, unless this tool on eBay does actually work.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Such kits work as well as the skill of the user allows...

It’s like buying three juggle balls with instructions. You’ll often drop the ball as you learn but after a while you’ll juggle like a pro...

So if you buy a kit, go to a wrecker and also buy a cheap door to practice on... Put a few more dints on it and practice until you get really good. Who know, you may like it and become the local go to guy for cheap ding repairs @ $40 a ding :p

PS: plenty of YouTube videos on how to do such repairs ;)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've had one of these hot glue type of kits for years and pulled a few dents with it and it works perfectly, you wouldn't know the dent was ever there.

Professionals will often attack the dent from the inside removing trim and such to access the underside of the dent, I had one of my Utes done when it was completely covered in dents from a severe hailstorm and he worked wonders for $1100.

This is similar to what I use.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PDR-Too...185881?hash=item56e856bc59:g:QR0AAOSwj1hfgU0Q

Paintless Dent Kit.jpg

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
This is one of the dents I pulled from my current Ute.

The dent was in the rear driver's side guard, the arrow shows the spot.

I jacked up the rear to give myself some clearance from the tyre as my car is a tad low and I covered the tyre and rim with an old towel so as not to drop any hot glue onto them.

PDR 1.JPG

This is the size tab I used and underneath is the puller bar I used.

The glue comes straight off easy peasy with a dab of alcohol so the tabs are very easy to remove once done.

PDR 2.JPG

Paintless Dent Kit 3.jpg

This is the finished job.

PDR 3.JPG

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I have read that it's not advisable to use it on a panel that has been resprayed as you run the risk of pulling the paint and or body filler off the panel. Don't know how true this is .

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
Maybe there are good and bad kits the one I purchased was pathetic the glue just pulled off every time I tried to pull a dent on my VE
I tried everything the glue sticks were just pathetic waste of money . Now I just don't park in any shopping carparks
Cu#ts just don't care kids and mums the worst ............bang drive away .