Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF's going to be collectables?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Meh, doing the speed limit ain't hard

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
It is when there’s always some passhole who drives 10 - 15 under when you are behind but speeds up as soon as an overtaking lane appears...

Lol

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I'm never in a rush, I just put it in D and plod along, if someone in front of me is going slower than the speed limit, meh, overtake if possible, if not plod along behind them

Unless I'm at the drags or the track, that's where I get my fast on
d9d18b5aadf0e6901261578d986f0ea6.png

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
the idea is to stop speeding because you never know where they will be, you only need to get pinged a few times to SLOW THE F*CK DOWN. Honestly I'm getting pretty sick and tired of maniacs zipping in and out often 10-20 k's over endangering everyone around them.
I'm getting a bit sick of people swallowing the politically-motivated line that says doing 10k's over the limit is dangerous at all. I'm on the road less time, less fatigue etc. That's a factor, and it's why nobody can prove that exceeding the limit is actually dangerous - the only reason you think it's common sense is because that's all you've been hearing for the last 50+ years by governments who only want to appear to be doing something about road safety. Flip Monash $200k to do a study which you've told them the outcome is definitely going to be before they start on it, badda-bing badda-boom, political points obtained.

It is when there’s always some passhole who drives 10 - 15 under when you are behind but speeds up as soon as an overtaking lane appears...
Or there's a truck doing 10-under in the right lane, a truck doing 10-under in the middle lane, and some c**t in a gerlytruk doing 10-under in the left lane because they're too scared to go past the big scary truck (but will happily wobble along beside it).

Meh, doing the speed limit ain't hard
If it's more dangerous than exceeding the speed limit, which it often is, I'm not going to put my life on the line for the sake of adhering to a randomly-chosen limit.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We have very few cameras in North Tas. It's probably why I see so many people doing 110 - 120 in the 100 zone. Pisses me off that the police never pinch them. I can pretty much guarantee if it was me doing that speed on my way too and from work five days a week, I would be fined for sure. I have been known to get so pissed off when seeing someone obviously doing 120 or more as they suddenly appear in my mirror from no where; I speed up in the left lane so they get stuck behind the person in the right lane who is sitting on 105. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I did get pinged for speeding 10 or 15 years ago, inbetween Inglewood and Goondiwindi, which is in the South western corner of Queensland.

They got me for doing 115 in a 100 zone....If anyone is familiar with that area, they will know, it is 100 + kilometres of trees and paddocks.....Before you get to Inglewood, you have another 100 k from Warwick heading west....

So is it dangerous going over the speed limit there? To me, it was more dangerous at the speed limit, as you are risking fatigue, with nothing around, other than trees, paddocks and the occasional car...But hey I copped it on the chin (and hip pocket) and moved on

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
So is it dangerous going over the speed limit there? To me, it was more dangerous at the speed limit, as you are risking fatigue, with nothing around, other than trees, paddocks and the occasional car...But hey I copped it on the chin (and hip pocket) and moved on
Just because you, and I, cop random road usage taxes for driving safely & it’s impossible to do anything about it doesn’t mean the political marketing con-job about “safety”, which results in more death & carnage than there needs to be, is right.

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Lol

An LS3 soon fixes that!