Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aussie/China relationship........

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
China now complaining about the market price for iron ore and want an investigation into it.

There is no end to their desire for total control.

Time to cut the ties.
If we don’t do it China will. A lot of the raw commodities that China buys from us and other countries they already have in their own country anyway. Would not surprise me at all if they were using everyone elses resources so they can keep their own for a “secure supply“ once the **** hits the fan.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If we don’t do it China will. A lot of the raw commodities that China buys from us and other countries they already have in their own country anyway. Would not surprise me at all if they were using everyone elses resources so they can keep their own for a “secure supply“ once the **** hits the fan.

They don't really have it all but they have other avenues of supply. They are only attacking those products they can source elsewhere.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

From what I understand it come down to quality & cost, particularly around iron ore. The quality of their ore is rubbish and the cost to retrieve it is high.

They are also looking at the Simandou mine in Guinea but that is likely 10 years away if at all possible.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Sounds like a great opportunity to raise the prices on all the various items sold to China. Free trade doesn't mean you can't dictate your own price.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
From what I understand it come down to quality & cost, particularly around iron ore. The quality of their ore is rubbish and the cost to retrieve it is high.

They are also looking at the Simandou mine in Guinea but that is likely 10 years away if at all possible.
I’m sure they are working furiously behind the scenes to cut us out entirely. Ive heard there’s a massive good quality iron ore deposit in Africa somewhere. The stability issues make it a difficult prospect atm but I’m sure that will change at some point in the future.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Ive heard there’s a massive good quality iron ore deposit in Africa somewhere.

That is Simandou in Guinea that I referred to earlier.

Note, Guinea is not PNG.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
i think you mean stealing.

How can be called stealing when is "given" to them. This is a global issue. All industrialized nations gave the Chinese almost all the tech for free in exchange of cheap goods. We can see the lower prices on electronics, is that the true value? Someone is loosing and I bet is the Chinese exploited workers.

In the USA they are embeded in the all levels of the Gov. Greedy and Corrupted politicians are manipulated by the CCP. I will bet my neck that is happening in AU and NZ. Canada is allowing the Chinese to build bases and train, also, Vancouver in BC is almost an extension of China.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So now China is running out of coal and the prices of thermal and coking coal are rising. This is causing blackouts and making the price of steel rise. This is also driving the iron ore prices up.

Lol good one China.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride