Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NSW couple face $38K fine

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I have a problem with certain people (Gladys, Scomo, Hunt, Frydenberg et al) shouting at states other than NSW when NSW has not got its house in order.
Me too. The hypocrisy from Scomo and their cheerleaders in the media (Sky news etc) is writ large when they slam Dan Andrews as “Dictator Dan” for having a successful lockdown that eliminated the virus but when South Australia or NSW have to have a lockdown it’s “just an unfortunate series of events that we all just need to accept and nothing better could have been done“. Give me a break!

The propaganda machine is alive and well and it’s firmly on the side of the LNP forever and always. If only the government could actually govern for ALL of us instead of just treating shite like a football match with sledging and “yay my team won” bs.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Me too. The hypocrisy from Scomo and their cheerleaders in the media (Sky news etc) is writ large when they slam Dan Andrews as “Dictator Dan” for having a successful lockdown that eliminated the virus but when South Australia or NSW have to have a lockdown it’s “just an unfortunate series of events that we all just need to accept and nothing better could have been done“. Give me a break!

The propaganda machine is alive and well and it’s firmly on the side of the LNP forever and always. If only the government could actually govern for ALL of us instead of just treating shite like a football match with sledging and “yay my team won” bs.

So Dan giving his friend a security contract which his friend bungled leading to the biggest out break of the virus in the country is somerhing to just look past????
Yea NSW has been pretty bad too with the ruby princess then these last two clusters but it's no where near the level of incompetence from commisar Dan.

You might want to remeber Dan is the one pushing for the Belt and Road initiative.

Also the Federal government created National Cabinet where the independent Federal Chief Health advisor recommended boarder closures were not needed. Then the labor Premier's without proof of any health advice shut the boarders as a political strategy.

If you can't see this then go wash the covid puss from your eyes.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
So Dan giving his friend a security contract which his friend bungled leading to the biggest out break of the virus in the country is somerhing to just look past????
Yea NSW has been pretty bad too with the ruby princess then these last two clusters but it's no where near the level of incompetence from commisar Dan.

You might want to remeber Dan is the one pushing for the Belt and Road initiative.

Also the Federal government created National Cabinet where the independent Federal Chief Health advisor recommended boarder closures were not needed. Then the labor Premier's without proof of any health advice shut the boarders as a political strategy.

If you can't see this then go wash the covid puss from your eyes.
Your such a nice fellow!

I didn’t say Dan didn’t screw things up but it always seem to be that everything a Labor politician does goes under the microscope and everything a LNP politician does is whitewashed out of existence or explained away as an unfortunate set of circumstances.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Your such a nice fellow!

I didn’t say Dan didn’t screw things up but it always seem to be that everything a Labor politician does goes under the microscope and everything a LNP politician does is whitewashed out of existence or explained away as an unfortunate set of circumstances.

Yea I agree Gladys has had an easy run tbh she should've stood down over the McGuire case.

But Federal and state on both sides are quite far apart than most realise.
The parties are actually different. Example the state coalition in QLD is different to NSW I think NSW just follow the Federal model.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea I agree Gladys has had an easy run tbh she should've stood down over the McGuire case.

But Federal and state on both sides are quite far apart than most realise.
The parties are actually different. Example the state coalition in QLD is different to NSW I think NSW just follow the Federal model.
If the McGuire case had happened to a Labor premier the Sky News pundits would still be baying for blood (assuming they hadn't been stood down already). They are still baying for Dan Andrews blood but unfortunately their resolve is lacking when it comes to their favourite political party.

Unfortunately both Labor and Liberal are as corrupt as each other when either of them are in power at a federal level (state corruption commissions somewhat keep a lid on it state wise) but everyone has this perception that Labor is worse because their actions are amplified and the Liberals actions are suppressed.

Recently we’ve had Sports rorts, the leppington triangle, watergate, Angus Taylors land use in Eden Monaro, Christopher Pyne and Julie Bishop going through the revolving door to companies they used to “regulate”, East Timor spying, the ATO whistle blower (and these are just the ones I can list off the top of my head) that apparently aren‘t that serious and don’t point to ongoing and systemic corruption and coverups by the federal government.

We need a federal ICAC to clean the joint up federally but unfortunately both sides have a lot to hide, which is why neither of the major parties will vote for one and the Liberal party is now trying to put up a neutered ICAC to try and continue to whitewash their corruption, which I’m sure the Labor party won’t disagree with as it will allow them to do the same whitewashing when they get back in power!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
? Since when? Last I heard Sydney had the largest number. I don't think NT has enough hotels ffs. A 100,000 population city is not going to compare to a 5,000,000 plus city in accommodation.
I think you might need to recheck your facts.

Nearly all of the govt organized repatriation flights land in Darwin, they're using an old military base for quarantine.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Darwin has much more quarantine capacity than the other capital cities.
Qantas had to move a lot of staff from Sydney to Darwin to cater for aircraft movements.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Darwin has much more quarantine capacity than the other capital cities.
Qantas had to move a lot of staff from Sydney to Darwin to cater for aircraft movements.

Dude there's no way Darwin has more capacity then Sydney.

Sydney has a population of 5mil+ darwin has 140k both aren't receiving tourists so Sydney has more hotels.
Yea there might've been a short term shift but NSW will soon take up the slack once again.

In saying that it has been a pretty piss poor effort from NSW to keep their standards up. Maybe it could be the holiday season and people off duty I dont know. But NSW did fail.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Also the Federal government created National Cabinet where the independent Federal Chief Health advisor recommended boarder closures were not needed.

Yet the High Court has determined that state border closures are the best way to stop the spread.