Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear window louvre VL = VH ?

hainzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX SL/R torana, HZ SANDMAN, VH SL/E top 30
Hi Guys.

Does anyone happen to know if a rear window louvre from a VL will fit a VH? Ive been told that it wont as the windows are slightly different?

Can anyone confirm?

Cheers.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Glass window is exactly the same, VL has a better design rubber.
Angle on the rear window in relation to the shell i think is slightly different.
it will physically fit onto the window but the angling might look funny, give it a try if you have it handy.

Justin Thomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 6.0
Just encase anyone is searching I have installed VL Louvre onto my VB and the fit is great. They look correct for car and sit nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_20210512_072056.jpg
    IMG_20210512_072056.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 391

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Isn't great how we all think different. When I bought my vh all those years ago the first thing I dumped was those louvres. Couldn't stand them.

Justin Thomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 6.0
Isn't great how we all think different. When I bought my vh all those years ago the first thing I dumped was those louvres. Couldn't stand them.

It's all part of the time period restoration for me. This slx has narrow monsoons a tow bar & mud flaps that I'd have removed in a heartbeat in my teens or twentys but restoring an 80s car to having all the fruit from back then makes it more a head turner now IMO... (Original owner and relative purchased in 1988 with Louvre that smashed on the roadside) Maybe a tad weird looking I guess but bloody rare in NZ in original condition SLE mags etc... when I want to enjoy streamline looks I drive my new two tone GT Turbo Seltos

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
It's all part of the time period restoration for me. This slx has narrow monsoons a tow bar & mud flaps that I'd have removed in a heartbeat in my teens or twentys but restoring an 80s car to having all the fruit from back then makes it more a head turner now IMO... (Original owner and relative purchased in 1988 with Louvre that smashed on the roadside) Maybe a tad weird looking I guess but bloody rare in NZ in original condition SLE mags etc... when I want to enjoy streamline looks I drive my new two tone GT Turbo Seltos
I bought my vh about 23 years ago when I lived in Hamilton. At that time they were of little value, it cost me $3,000. I shipped it over here because I had spent so much money on it ( a lot of it bad) that I would have lost too much money on it.

Getting back to how we all think different. The car was brown a colour I detested. I have just had my car painted in the Holden Venetian red, I love that colour. The person who painted my car was of the opposite opinion. Viva la difference.

H

harrop.senator

Can confirm have had louvres or Venetians on most cars I've owned. So young Hayden wouldn't rip those off.

Something young Hayden would of called bullshit on matured Hayden :

Refusing to re die a Datsun interior and dying Honda leather integra seats brown after cutting the floor to fit them so it "matches" the rest of the interior

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Just encase anyone is searching I have installed VL Louvre onto my VB and the fit is great. They look correct for car and sit nicely.

Nice find.

Dad used to put those on all of his cars back in the day.

We're a good thing as a back seat passenger.

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
Can confirm have had louvres or Venetians on most cars I've owned. So young Hayden wouldn't rip those off.

Something young Hayden would of called bullshit on matured Hayden :

Refusing to re die a Datsun interior and dying Honda leather integra seats brown after cutting the floor to fit them so it "matches" the rest of the interior

Huh?

H

harrop.senator

Talking about things we would have thrown out or changed when younger.

90% of young car enthusiasts hate brown interiors and dye them black or change them to a different factory colour.

When I was younger I'd strip skylines and s13's down to the steel and wiring harnesses inside to fit grey or blue interiors.

But as I'm getting older I'm tending to leave brown things brown.