Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bridgestone or Michellin

PomBstard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
If its of any help, I've been using PS4 for a few years with good results. Current Calais has these, and the Subaru Liberty GT that was before it. Also came as standard on the i30 we've got and have now put them on my old coupe. Good all-round tyre that copes remarkably well in a multitude of situations whilst giving good ride comfort.

Not cheap, but the extra $2-300 for a set over others is worth it in my book

All this on the goat tracks we call Sydney roads.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
My turanza's have done 55,000, and I
reckon I'll get at least another 5,000.
Should I stick with the turanza's for my next set, or should I go for the pilot sport
4's for which, what I've heard are a softer ride?

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Some tyre manufacturers offer road hazard warranties, be it as an optional extra, or incorporated in the price of the tyre, which is what this comes under.

So it's a case of doing your home work before outlaying the cash on the tyres you want.... :)
I got some new re003s on recently, drove less than 100km then heard a strange repetitive clunking out the rear right. Screw lodged right on the very edge of the sidewall on the 275/35/19
It was unrepairable, and full credit to bridgestone they gave me a brand new one.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
My turanza's have done 55,000, and I
reckon I'll get at least another 5,000.
Should I stick with the turanza's for my next set, or should I go for the pilot sport
4's for which, what I've heard are a softer ride?
I guess the overwhelming opinion here is to go for a set of PS4's. How old are your current set of Turanzas? Mine are around the 48,000 kms mark, but the car gets twitchy in wet weather. They are close to 5.5 years old.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Some tyre manufacturers offer road hazard warranties, be it as an optional extra, or incorporated in the price of the tyre, which is what this comes under.
i always see plenty of the guys in the US talk about their road hazard warranties, i never really knew it was a thing over here.
interesting

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I believe the S007A is the newest design of the bunch, and also probably the most $$.

Treadwear
S007 - 240
S007A - 240
RE003 - 220
RE050A - 140

im curious if/when they are going to release the potenza sport in AU. seems like it will give the PS4S a run for its money,
which is arguably the best tyre at least for our cars at the moment.

Bridgestone Potenza Sport Test, Review & Ratings of the Summer Tire | AllTyreTests.com

Are the RE003 even available any more? An online search via my rego on the Bridgestone website shows the S007A are recommended and RE003 do not come up as available at all. Assume RE003 have been superseded?

Does anyone have any real world experience with S007A? A quick search of online reviews is favourable. Looks like they will be the next set for me.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Are the RE003 even available any more? An online search via my rego on the Bridgestone website shows the S007A are recommended and RE003 do not come up as available at all. Assume RE003 have been superseded?
I think the Bridgestone site depends on what's in stock, the RE003's show as still being made and with appropriate load-rating too (from memory the MPS4S are available in a load-rating not high enough for a VF which is ~$25 cheaper?) on this "tyre specs" page: https://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyre...drenalin_re003#available-sizes_rimdiameter=19

Plus either their site or their supplied data is a bit crap, makes you choose a body-style for a 2015 6.0L auto SSV-R but doesn't offer wagon, and shows all 4 tyres as 245 wide (although that part gets better when you delve deeper).

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon

Does anyone have any real world experience with S007A? A quick search of online reviews is favourable. Looks like they will be the next set for me.
WHen I got my re003s late april the assistant store manager said they are all out of stock with supplier, the only stock of re003s are what is physically present in stores.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I got some new re003s on recently, drove less than 100km then heard a strange repetitive clunking out the rear right. Screw lodged right on the very edge of the sidewall on the 275/35/19
It was unrepairable, and full credit to bridgestone they gave me a brand new one.

They are one of those brands that incorporate this sort of issue into the costing of a tyre.

Mycar also have a thing with about 4 different brands, where by they offer free road hazard warranties and also a 30 day guarantee on those brands that if you don't like them, they'll swap them out for another brand....Not sure whether you get your money back if you don't like any of them.

IMA, I have seen with this Mycar replacement guarantee, whereby a customer said a particular brand was noisy...It was an mudtyre, so no wonder it was bloody noisy on the road, but they honoured the replacement....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
i always see plenty of the guys in the US talk about their road hazard warranties, i never really knew it was a thing over here.
interesting

I'm surprised.....Most tyre stores have pamphlets over it all....That being said, now you know, it would be worth you checking into it with the next tyre/s you buy...It only works in your favour. :)