Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn cranks over but won’t start

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I’ve checked for codes and I only get code 12 pretty sure this means everything is all good.
Yep. Code 12 means no malfunction codes are stored. The problem lies in something not checked by the ECM.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
From memory, the VN Calais had a key lock in the door cavity of (I think) the passenger front door, that lets you turn off the immobiliser. Give that a try.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Spac series 1, VN Calais series 1
From memory, the VN Calais had a key lock in the door cavity of (I think) the passenger front door, that lets you turn off the immobiliser. Give that a try.
It does have a lock in the glovebox but we have had the car for almost a year and do not have the key. Might be worth getting a key made up as I’m not sure what else to really try.

Reaction score
Members Ride

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
If you joined the 2 pink wires the lock is effectively bypassed. If the lock caused the problem the car should now start.

Reactions: Lex
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you joined the 2 pink wires the lock is effectively bypassed. If the lock caused the problem the car should now start.
So I joined the 2 pink wires together and the car still refuses to actually start still just cranks over. I’m possibly thinking could it be an issue with the oil pressure switch making the car think it’s not building oil pressure and therefore not letting it run? is there anyway to bypass the oil pressure switch just to check if that’s the issue

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also would it be worth grabbing another ECU to test incase the current one has some issue. My brother has a factory manual VN would his ECU work to start the auto Calais or would I run into issues? Also do you happen to know if an auto VS ecu would work by any chance as I have one laying around thanks.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
So I joined the 2 pink wires together and the car still refuses to actually start still just cranks over. I’m possibly thinking could it be an issue with the oil pressure switch making the car think it’s not building oil pressure and therefore not letting it run? is there anyway to bypass the oil pressure switch just to check if that’s the issue
Feed 12V into the violet wire in the ALDL connector.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Bridge the fuel pump relay.

I have a lead with a spade terminal on each end for occasions like this