Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Claiming " I was joking" is no defense.
I was not claiming to be joking as you put it, nor was I being satirical. I merely pointed out a probable reality. I agree there would be the majority of 70’s 80’s and ninety year olds would want to live life for as long as possible.
I still am of the opinion that your sense of humour is somewhat thwarted.
By the way Derek my boy, don’t make assumptions based on what somebody may write on here.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
This whole thread is full of selfish pricks.
I really don’t think that is true. However, it does appear to be the way you look at things.
Ah, ok… we can look at it from an equality perspective… can’t forget about the selfish cnuts :p:p:p

(a joke cause COVID is serious enough)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There's no cherry picking. Yes people of all ages groups are catching delta but that doesn't mean they all become seriously ill or die. Thankfully child deaths from Covid are still very rare. The thing that concerns me the most regarding kids is a recent article from the UK that says many teenager's are experiencing long Covid. Because of this they have revised their recommendation on vaccination of teens. Previously they had said there was no significant difference between the dangers of the vaccine and the risks of Covid for teenagers.

I still don't get the thinking that 'opening up' is such a terrible thing. It's not about opening up, it's about coming out of this fantasy land we are currently in pretending the government is keeping you safe. We are at more risk as a population sitting here doing nothing.
We all hate watching our country being sold off to China and whoever else wants a slice. You watch what happens if we all stay hiding at home too long while the country bleeds money.
Looking at the likes of the UK, Israel the US And even Singapore who all have decent (but no great) vaccination rates all have increasing cases of Delta an deaths and those arent just the elderly. I see no issue with reduced restrictions but whole sale opening up like those countries is going to end badly. Its unfortunate That you guys had mockdowns that failed the elimination strategy. If that Had been done properly you'd probably have been back at work by now with no restrictions And no covid in the community. Fortunately Things are going better on this side of the ditch, most of the country is in L2 which isn't to bad except for restrictions on the hospo. Industry. I'm sure Auckland will start dropping levels in another Week or so.

Lunch is over...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Can anyone explain the science, health advice and evidence behind 'curfews' during peace time?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I'm all for continuing the lockdowns until we have a vaccine for the kids and enough for everyone else that can get vaccinated

That may take another year, or two, which I see as a small price to pay for saving some lives, opions on this seem to vary

How many dead kids from covid are to many

My number is 1

What's your number?

Are you vaccinated?

Are your kids under 14 vaccinated?

My view is their is alot of selfish people out their thinking only of themselves

Sure, I want the lockdowns to end, I haven't seen my family for months now, I miss the gym, the beach, bbq's with friends, drag racing etc. etc., but for me it doesn't seem like a safe or smart thing until we vaccinate everyone that can be vaccinated

Meh, we will all see what happens in another month or so when we possibly do open up, and Delta starts to really run rampant in the community, the vaccinated will be the vectors carrying it to the unvaccinated

As the saying goes "Opinions are like areholes, everyone got one".

Why because your income is not hurt by the lock downs?
You're a fool.
The medical experts aren't vaccinating kids because the risk is not high enough to justify it, how much clearer does this have to be for you?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Can anyone explain the science, health advice and evidence behind 'curfews' during peace time?

The curfews are there to provide police a break from having to check cars 24/7. They provide no help in containing a virus.
The police need this break to be more effective during the hours they're needed.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I keep hearing people say selfish this and that in this thread and OMG think of the children.

Guy's it's quite simple the number one thing that will protect the maximum amount of people against this virus is vaccine rates. Anything that gets these vaccine rates higher and faster is a number one priority.

Don't give me a spiel about how one life matters and we're all selfish keep that political wishy washy BS up your own backsides.

If we want to minimize death like you all claim you want..... vaccine rates are the aim. If you cannot understand this go and put your head in your toilet bowl and flush.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
science and data ???? vic closed playgrounds at 50 cases a day saying its too big risk, then reopened them at 180+ cases a day, QLD dosnt let anyone in except sport player and there family's and keeps out sick kids and there own residents until the kick up a stink in the media, the QLD premier went to japan and back for olympics but didnt let the ADF back from dubai until they went to the media and many more stupid decisions looking back for all states, the public just want common sense reactions to a virus, the virus only does one thing and we know exactly what it is and how it works, if the army was attacking a threat like our premiers are trying to stop this virus we would all be dead, political strategy is not welcome to fighting a virus

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
science and data ???? vic closed playgrounds at 50 cases a day saying its too big risk, then reopened them at 180+ cases a day, QLD dosnt let anyone in except sport player and there family's and keeps out sick kids and there own residents until the kick up a stink in the media, the QLD premier went to japan and back for olympics but didnt let the ADF back from dubai until they went to the media and many more stupid decisions looking back for all states, the public just want common sense reactions to a virus, the virus only does one thing and we know exactly what it is and how it works, if the army was attacking a threat like our premiers are trying to stop this virus we would all be dead, political strategy is not welcome to fighting a virus

The political point scoring between both Libral and Labor is utterly disgusting not to mention the media poking the bear.
There will need to be reforms to the Federation after this.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Why because your income is not hurt by the lock downs?
You're a fool.
The medical experts aren't vaccinating kids because the risk is not high enough to justify it, how much clearer does this have to be for you?

Thanks for calling me a fool, I shall refrain from personal insults though, you seem to be all over that

As for my income, it has been hurt, we are a household of 5, we have 3 adult kids, none are currently working at their permanent jobs, 2 have found part time work now, 1 has started a online nursing course, she was a PT but cannot do that now

Hell, the kids are even selling their old computer games, that they haven't used for years, to grab some extra pocket money

We've talked about all aspects of the lockdown with them, while it is frustrating, they accept that these things are done to ensure the safety of the community

We are focusing on the positives, not the negatives, we communicate with friends and family over the phone or net, we read, we improve our education, we train, we avoid negative people that try to bring us down or push crackpot theories, and we clean, the house, garage, cars and bikes are spotless, all the little jobs around the house are getting prioritised and knocked on the head

Out of the 5 of us, 4 are fully vaccinated with only the youngest waiting for her second, we all want the lockdowns to stop and get back to normal work, until then, we keep on keeping on

The lockdowns are hard, but only as hard as you make them

The negatively is strong with some

Funny how the kids can adapt and overcome better than some adults

As for the kids not getting sick from covid, yeah nah, I believe you need more unbiased research

We've been lucky in AU so far

Status
Not open for further replies.