Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Can anyone explain the science, health advice and evidence behind 'curfews' during peace time?
Curfew is simply a political defense mechanism. When a government has no other viable options to reduce the spread they tick the curfew box on the lockdown menu.
That covers the counter attack from opposing political parties suggesting those in power faíled to do everything possible.
But they achieve nothing. If someone wants to visit his girlfriend, he just arrive before 9 and leaves the next day.
It's as scientific as the rule introduced at 1 stage requiring people to wear a mask while driving alone, apparently to prevent them infecting themselves...
How can anyone respect the people or the system which allows such stupidity to be introduced???

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Curfews, quarantines and such have been used throughout history to stop the spead of disease

People are turning a medical emergency into a political sideshow

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Thanks for calling me a fool, I shall refrain from personal insults though, you seem to be all over that

As for my income, it has been hurt, we are a household of 5, we have 3 adult kids, none are currently working at their permanent jobs, 2 have found part time work now, 1 has started a online nursing course, she was a PT but cannot do that now

Hell, the kids are even selling their old computer games, that they haven't used for years, to grab some extra pocket money

We've talked about all aspects of the lockdown with them, while it is frustrating, they accept that these things are done to ensure the safety of the community

We are focusing on the positives, not the negatives, we communicate with friends and family over the phone or net, we read, we improve our education, we train, we avoid negative people that try to bring us down or push crackpot theories, and we clean, the house, garage, cars and bikes are spotless, all the little jobs around the house are getting prioritised and knocked on the head

Out of the 5 of us, 4 are fully vaccinated with only the youngest waiting for her second, we all want the lockdowns to stop and get back to normal work, until then, we keep on keeping on

The lockdowns are hard, but only as hard as you make them

The negatively is strong with some

Funny how the kids can adapt and overcome better than some adults

As for the kids not getting sick from covid, yeah nah, I believe you need more unbiased research

We've been lucky in AU so far

I never said kids don't get sick so stop twisting my words with sentiment.
Yea that's all cool for you but I'm meant to have my licence back now but that is a shite storm. I told my friend I'll do my tax return and get my bond so we can rent a place together. Well he's now been in emergency accommodation at a hotel the ACT government put him in because he refused to go to Ainslie Village where there was an outbreak here just after he refuses.
Then they sent him to a refuge where he got sick now he's in hotel quarantine wainting for a test.
Mean while I'm stuck in a shed waiting for my licence and being able to see my accountant.

It's not all chores and netflix for everyone mate.

Edit: plus we both are classed as essential workers.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Medical emergency :D

Yes it actually is. You know why? Because we have a percentage of people that die per year now corona came along and upped that percentage the medical industry is struggling with the increase.
We don't want to get to the point where we're walking dead bodies down the road in a cart when one say's he's not dead.
But if we ever do get to that point we will all just have to sit back and look at the bright side of life.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Looking at the global figures, the number of births is still miles in front of the number of deaths. So population is rising not falling.
The question is, why do we only hear about covid in the news? On balance we should be hearing a lot more about newborn babies.
https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Looking at the global figures, the number of births is still miles in front of the number of deaths. So population is rising not falling.
The question is, why do we only hear about covid in the news? On balance we should be hearing a lot more about newborn babies.
https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Except from your own link, it's the lowest rate in the past 70 years...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Can anyone explain the science, health advice and evidence behind 'curfews' during peace time?
The spread of infectious disease can be slowed down by limiting movement. The more you limit movement, the more you limit spread. It ain’t rocket science.

Lockdowns and curfews work by limiting movement but they are as popular as a farting in an elevator (fart in a space suit). However, being unpopular doesn’t change the fact that they work by limiting movement.

I watched Rise of Planet of the Apes a while back and the credits show an aeroplane flight taking and infected pilot to the destination and the virus spreading to other passengers who then fly to other destinations and thus spread the virus around the globe. It’s an interesting visualisation. No planes, no spread…

Imagine how things may have been different globally if lockdown, curfew and flights out of Wuhan were instigated in early January 2020 and countries stopped flights for a couple of months :eek: Short sharp lockdown would have worked but $ and the chase for $ kicked in… and here we are :confused:

Imagine by not having international flights, we wouldn’t have had an infected pilot coming to Sydney. Ok maybe we need some flights but Imagine having a vaccinated limo driver, we wouldn’t have had virus spread into the community. Imagine how things would have been different had NSW gone into an immediate two week snap lockdown with curfew. I‘d think we’d have had 190 less NSW deaths and 1 less Victorian death and both NSW and Victoria wouldn’t be in lockdown and with curfews now…. But we’d not have the urgency for people to get there vaccine so seems 191 deaths (along with those to follow) are acceptable collateral damage :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.