Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake up grade for my ve ute

Davomac7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Hi guys new to forum im superchargering me ute should I get brake up grade aswell thooughts.
I would do the brakes 1st , I would class it as a necessity , standard ones are poor . I just suprcharged my Ve ss ute 6.olt with a harrop 2,300 .. Mine's a series 1 and the fuel pump needed upgrading so you might need to consider that , I think the VF,s are ok

Davomac7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Hi guys new to forum im superchargering me ute should I get brake up grade aswell thooughts.

Also I blew my left engine mount and threw the aircon compressor belt off . So the engine mount needed upgrading to a stronger one . The harmonic balancer got a wobble up [ only 83,000 original Ks] the series 1 VE,s don't have a tensioner on that belt so I needed to upgrade that and a new harmonic balancer , once you supercharge these issues surface even though I generally don't drive hard so these issues cost $1,800 to rectify & as stated earlier the fuel pump upgrade was about $1,500 . The supercharger is awesome though as it has not destroyed fuel economy or driveability. My only other mods are 1& 5/8" extractors and 2&1/2 inch system so drives really smooth . Got 9.96 litres to 100Ks over 600 Ks mainly highway driving , computer said 8.3 but I worked it out properly.

Davomac7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Also regarding brakes if you can afford it it's worth considering 2 piece rotors and monoblock aluminium 6 piston discs at front 4s on back the weight saving on front was about 5kgs per side which has an amazing affect on you steering/ suspension

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I would do the brakes 1st , I would class it as a necessity , standard ones are poor .
I wouldn't rate the VE SS brakes as poor. Mine pull me up well and I have pretty much stock brakes, just saying.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I wouldn't rate the VE SS brakes as poor. Mine pull me up well and I have pretty much stock brakes, just saying.
I haven’t had any problems with mine when I’ve done Mount Glorious runs. Seem to hold up pretty good to spirited mountain driving.

Davomac7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Depends on what you want , everything is comparative . once in a blue moon an emergency happens thats when you find out how good or bad they are. I don,t like to compromise on saftey and i think too many people concentrate on power upgrade and forget stopping power