Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ridiculous $$ being asked for series 111 utes.

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
hey guys. i look at fleabay, classifieds, gumtree etc regualy as ive got a series 111 roller ute factory 5 speed nov 2000 build. so its interesting to see what they are worth etc and what people are asking. mine is bone stock with simmons and a straight through 3 inch exaust. ( cat and collector and muffler too ) but that is as far as it goes. it is the olympic edition with the fog light spoiler and whatever else come stock. goes well. i like it . its a spinout how much people are asking for this model.
what ya all reckon? how much are they worth, what is a fair price that i should be able to pull if i was to sell it today? its far from showroom, but a decent condition example with everything working as it should. im curious. let me know what you think. thanks. 274000km original

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What they advertise them and what they sell for is another story.

Yours....Throw a price on and see how you go

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
series 111 roller ute factory 5 speed nov 2000 build.
Given its a roller without an engine or transmission, I honestly wouldn't pay too much... Also, is it a V6 or a V8? (Don't know if they ever offered V8's for the VSIII utes)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Also, is it a V6 or a V8? (Don't know if they ever offered V8's for the VSIII utes)
The V8 SIII's are the most desirable VS's as the 304's got the VT engine (roller cam, tweaked head design etc).

This is the main reason why the V8 SIII's are commanding much more money than the earlier ones.

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
Given its a roller without an engine or transmission, I honestly wouldn't pay too much... Also, is it a V6 or a V8? (Don't know if they ever offered V8's for the VSIII utes)
its a roller motor mate. registered and dail driver. you read what i said wrong. there also is no v6 roller motor. mines a factory 304 with the 5 speed getrag. nov 2000 build.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
its a roller motor mate. registered and dail driver. you read what i said wrong. there also is no v6 roller motor. mines a factory 304 with the 5 speed getrag. nov 2000 build.
Oh, you original post looked like it said the car itself was a roller without an engine or transmission... But you've just got an engine and transmission, right?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nope, All V6 motors have roller lifters/cams :)

Utes always seems to get a premium price.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Sorry for the confusion, when he said roller, I thought the shell itself was the roller, I didn't know he was referring to the cams and lifters...