Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ridiculous $$ being asked for series 111 utes.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeap, another is $45k for a 98 vsii ( has been repainted ,engine rebuilt = looks really nice )
But !!! about $9k more than a 98 vsii maloo that also looks really nice and hasn't moved in at least a few months

Yeah, last time I looked a VS Maloo seemed to sell if priced around $30k-$35k. Either that or the ads were pulled.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Plenty of dreamers out there. I see it a lot in the VE scene now. The VE V8 utes that move are around $26k-$27k or under. The ones that are still listed 10 weeks later are those that people slap a price tag of $45k and reckon you will not find a better example.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah, last time I looked a VS Maloo seemed to sell if priced around $30k-$35k. Either that or the ads were pulled.

Yeah I would guess now mid to late $20k will sell fairly quick ( not that there are any at that price).
A few months ago in the VR-VS maloo Facebook group someone had one on for $23k and people were going is it a real maloo? , why so cheap = I don't think it lasted long !!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Or you get those selling V8 utes and feel the need to remind you that these aren't being made anymore, and their $45k asking price is an apparent investment......

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Or you get those selling V8 utes and feel the need to remind you that these aren't being made anymore, and their $45k asking price is an apparent investment......

An investment in their retirement fund

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Ah ha, so he's hoping we are still paying covid prices.....

Bit of sad news for him...Has said in the paper recently, used car prices are on the down hill slope at the moment.....So if he's selling, best jump in real soon to get the best price possible, because it'll be years before it goes up again
Yeah, I've noticed that V8 Holdens can be had for cheaper than what they were in the past few years

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Good utes command good prices, even V6. The rough ones end up skid pigs.
Not my roughie!!!
She got a new lease on life with v8 transplant.

I can see a decent Maloo in 30k-40k & maybe vs ss ute next on list for those keen on one BUT can't see s packs or whatever commanding those prices unless heavily modified & exactly what a particular buyer wants imho.

I still get a bit surprised how well people react to my vp ute just to see running & registered one on the road then jaw drops when they realise it's a v8 but large majority who like them don't have the coin or a vested interest in buying one tbh.

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
Yeah, he shouldn't have said it was a roller because most people (myself included) read it as a car without an engine or transmission...
no worries commo64, the main thing is we all love holdens.