Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ridiculous $$ being asked for series 111 utes.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sorry for the confusion, when he said roller, I thought the shell itself was the roller, I didn't know he was referring to the cams and lifters...
I thought the same. Had he said roller engine there would have been no confusion.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sorry for the confusion, when he said roller, I thought the shell itself was the roller, I didn't know he was referring to the cams and lifters...

I read it as minus motor and gearbox....Just a rolling shell

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought the OP meant he had two utes one with a V8 manual and a spare with no drivetrain, which he was thinking of offloading.
Edit, for less confusion I thought he meant no engine or box.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I thought the OP meant he had two utes one with a V8 manual and a spare with no drivetrain, which he was thinking of offloading.
Edit, for less confusion I thought he meant no engine or box.
I read it as minus motor and gearbox....Just a rolling shell
Yeah, he shouldn't have said it was a roller because most people (myself included) read it as a car without an engine or transmission...

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Had a look earlier on marketplace and gumtree = mostly seems reasonable prices.
Go to carsales for those eye watering asking prices.
E.G. =a 1999 s pack ( looks super clean and nice= but 215i badge on tail gate WTF ) , no photo of engine/bay so don't know if roller.
It's got a Holden by Design Tag = they say for the Walkinshaw wheels and if as a passenger and in an accident you'll get smacked in the head by a 9 x Bathurst winner=( well at least his signature on the airbag cover !!! ).

But $41k !!!!

Pretty sure the lady owner is traumatised= especially as the voice in the add is male and her parents named her Mark !!!

Seriously though as @losh said they (utes ) do demand a premium and as said rollers a bit more.

And we ( all read /interpreted different ) and I went he has a 5.0l roller powered 2000 ute.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Had a look earlier on marketplace and gumtree = mostly seems reasonable prices.
Go to carsales for those eye watering asking prices.
E.G. =a 1999 s pack ( looks super clean and nice= but 215i badge on tail gate WTF ) , no photo of engine/bay so don't know if roller.
It's got a Holden by Design Tag = they say for the Walkinshaw wheels and if as a passenger and in an accident you'll get smacked in the head by a 9 x Bathurst winner=( well at least his signature on the airbag cover !!! ).

But $41k !!!!

Pretty sure the lady owner is traumatised= especially as the voice in the add is male and her parents named her Mark !!!

Seriously though as @losh said they (utes ) do demand a premium and as said rollers a bit more.

And we ( all read /interpreted different ) and I went he has a 5.0l roller powered 2000 ute.

$41k that's above asking price for a Maloo the last time I looked.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
$41k that's above asking price for a Maloo the last time I looked.

Yeap, another is $45k for a 98 vsii ( has been repainted ,engine rebuilt = looks really nice )
But !!! about $9k more than a 98 vsii maloo that also looks really nice and hasn't moved in at least a few months