Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Sportswagon extreme tire wear camber kit rear

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Seems you don’t know all of them then

Agreed.....Know Main North Rd, Dalkeith Rd, Angle vale Road, Roseworthy Road, Road through to Hamley Bridge, the road out through Sandy Creek, the Sturt Highway Gawler belt.....Even went down Bernard Court once chasing a VB/VC Commodore sitting at a panel shop, where there is a nice dip in the road and still didn't scrape....So that's just to name a few of the main roads through that neck of the woods.

Even got a couple of mates out that way....One at Evanston and one not far from Ryde Street....

So any chance of naming the really shite roads that you scrape on?

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I have had the wheels off and there is no ‘rub marks’ to be seen, as this was my 1st thought. I might take it to ‘peddles’ and get them to test the shocks.
your pics show sidewall wear, then looking at the thread patch angle pic on the ground that side wall is never going to make contact with the road, so it has to be rubbing on something

Harryholden05

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 Commodore Ute 3.8l
Agreed.....Know Main North Rd, Dalkeith Rd, Angle vale Road, Roseworthy Road, Road through to Hamley Bridge, the road out through Sandy Creek, the Sturt Highway Gawler belt.....Even went down Bernard Court once chasing a VB/VC Commodore sitting at a panel shop, where there is a nice dip in the road and still didn't scrape....So that's just to name a few of the main roads through that neck of the woods.

Even got a couple of mates out that way....One at Evanston and one not far from Ryde Street....

So any chance of naming the really shite roads 1 that comes to mind is Sturt Hwy on the way to Nuri just before the penfolds sign, left hand lane.

So any chance of naming the really shite roads that you scrape on?
One that comes to mind is the Sturt Hwy on the way to Nuri, just before the penfolds sign, left hand lane. But not interested Is discussing the state of roads down here, cheers

Harryholden05

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 Commodore Ute 3.8l
your pics show sidewall wear, then looking at the thread patch angle pic on the ground that side wall is never going to make contact with the road, so it has to be rubbing on something
That’s what I thought too, tire shop had a look at the body too, could not see anywhere it would rub. Going to take it to Pedders to get them to asses it.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u also said ur running 40psi which is good and shouldnt allow deflection to go that far only a under inflated tyre would wear that high on sidewall, u can also lay the tyre over to the angle that the worn bit contacts the ground and that will show u the camber needed for it to wear there, if its getting to that point without rubbing on guard then must be a suspension issue something loose enough to allow excess movement in some way but i feel u would notice the back end feeling sloppy if that was happening, strange one will interesting to find the cause

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
One that comes to mind is the Sturt Hwy on the way to Nuri, just before the penfolds sign, left hand lane. But not interested Is discussing the state of roads down here, cheers

Travel it reguarly....Have rellies at Barmera and Renmark..... I live just South of you, so head that direction on my way to the Riverland....

Another interesting road, that is shite and I still don't scrape is Ebenezer Road, Nurioopta....About 2 k of dirt road, pot hole ridden corrigated shite of a road to get to wreckers that is a gold mine for older cars....

So as mentioned, there is something worn or bent

Last edited:

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Another interesting road, that is shite and I still don't scrape is Ebenezer Road, Nurioopta....About 2 k of dirt road, pot hole ridden corrigated shite of a road to get to wreckers that is a gold mine for older cars....
That would be Dudley's joint, managed to get a complete car out of him to fix up 10 years ago now

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The 2 options I have found for increasing the camber adjustment on the rear are the Kmac turn buckle arms or the coil over option.
Coilovers will not give you camber adjustment at the rear, only the front depending on brand.

What offset are your wheels? Almost wondering if they're scrubbing on the inside with that very defined angle.