Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What next will they try to flog for stupid money ???

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I used to own a Sunbird with a 202 in it back in the day.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I used to own a Sunbird with a 202 in it back in the day.
A UC? Or was it a Sunbird that had a transplant? I say UC, because like the ZB was never a Commodore, the UC was never a Torana.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
A UC? Or was it a Sunbird that had a transplant? I say UC, because like the ZB was never a Commodore, the UC was never a Torana.
UC not a real torana?

From the www

The A9X borrowed a section of the rear floorpan from the new UC Torana to allow the vastly improved Radial Tuned Suspension (RTS) geometry and fitment of the much stronger Salisbury rear axle assembly complete with disc brakes.​

OK the UC doesn't come with a v8 but a bit of it was put in the A9X which is real enough for me :rolleyes: at least when used as a doner to a real torana :p

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It was its ugliness that meant it would never be accepted into the league of real Torana's and even with a factory six cyl it would still be a Sunbird. The last Torana was the LX, just like the last Commodore was the VF. I've had both an LX Torana 202 and a UC Sunbird with a 4cl Opel. The A9X was in a different league again and not for a peasant like me.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
It was its ugliness that meant it would never be accepted into the league of real Torana's and even with a factory six cyl it would still be a Sunbird. The last Torana was the LX, just like the last Commodore was the VF. I've had both an LX Torana 202 and a UC Sunbird with a 4cl Opel. The A9X was in a different league again and not for a peasant like me.
I had a 6 cylinder UC and it was a good car for the short time i had it.

Also seen UC's with v8's stuffed in them and they were more than enough Torana for me :p

May be people ask stupid money, may be not, but the modded ones in the link below look interesting (though more than I'm willing to spend atm)...

Are they dreaming, maybe a couple of them, especially the last one :eek:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not saying a UC was not a good car, even the Opel powered ones were ok at the time for what they were. Holden just needed to drop the Torana brand at the end of the LX run. Just like they should have dropped the Commodore badge once the last VF rolled off the line.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not saying a UC was not a good car, even the Opel powered ones were ok at the time for what they were. Holden just needed to drop the Torana brand at the end of the LX run. Just like they should have dropped the Commodore badge once the last VF rolled off the line.
Guess I'm not of that mindset as the ZB was still a commodore to me.

Others may have tempered their hate if the factory didn't close and the ZB was built down under. Even more so if the ZB came with a 4 wheel drive v8 manual option :p

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I know there was an LX Sunbird as well, not sure about LH? But the LX Sunbird looked ok, unlike it's predecessor. It was still slightly embarrassing owning an LX Sunbird but a few people dropped 6's in them which made them more like a real Torana.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Guess I'm not of that mindset as the ZB was still a commodore to me.

Others may have tenmered their hate if the factory didn't closed and the ZB was built down under. Even more so if the ZB came with a 4 wheel drive v8 manual option :p
The ZB would never be a Commodore no matter where it was made. The shape was ugly, which is why the UC likely never took off.