Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I call BS on that habitat claim here in Australia.
We are one of the most national park heavy countries in the world, plus theres a lot of land that just doesn't ever get touched.

Yea in some countries around the world they like to destroy habitat, but here we are quite good.

Not really, depends on the state. Some states are better than others at protecting the environment, here in Queensland we are in the “must do better” category, to put it nicely.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...and-land-clearing-deforestation-data-analysis

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea and along with that quota, the apprentices have to stay the full 4 year term and do as they're told, similar to being in the army.

Plenty of moral hazard in that. The employer could treat the employee like absolute shite safe in the knowledge they can’t go anywhere else.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Yea and along with that quota, the apprentices have to stay the full 4 year term and do as they're told, similar to being in the army.
Otherwise go get F'ed I'll just move into the public service.

Somehow, I suspect that you would struggle in a public service job. If you do manage to get in, I reckon you’d soon find yourself being ‘performance managed’ out.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Somehow, I suspect that you would struggle in a public service job. If you do manage to get in, I reckon you’d soon find yourself being ‘performance managed’ out.

He’s a very confusing beast. Sings the praises of the rich when he isn’t rich and wants a government job even though he hates the government. :rolleyes:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Do you know where I live? I live in Canberra, I was born and raised here, my grandmother and my mother were both public servants.
I live in a public servant town, do you think I don't know a thing or two about the public service.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
It is. I'm on over 38,
Fark! I get $42 as a property maintenance worker (casual mind you). I thought mechanics would be on a better rate given what customers get charged at most car workshops.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
He’s a very confusing beast. Sings the praises of the rich when he isn’t rich and wants a government job even though he hates the government. :rolleyes:

No, I just know that rich people are a necessity, and who doesn't hate the government? Rumors are, that even the government, is not pleased with the cabinet.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Fark! I get $42 as a property maintenance worker (casual mind you). I thought mechanics would be on a better rate given what customers get charged at most car workshops.

GP of a work shop is about 55-60% so most of that money you pay is going to parts suppliers. Then another 30-35% is over heads.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Do you know where I live? I live in Canberra, I was born and raised here, my grandmother and my mother were both public servants.
I live in a public servant town, do you think I don't know a thing or two about the public service.

I reckon you know stuff all about working in a government job. Your attitudes as displayed by your posts here would set off alarm bells in a public service organisation (e.g. your posts about not working with another female apprentice; shut up and do as I say). But don’t take my work for it, apply for some positions and see how you go - you never know if you don’t give it a try.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Plus I just had an interview with a place that is heavy diesel, I should start on about 42 if they take me, they said once I convert to heavy diesel I will get paid more. So plan is to get my heavy diesel as quick as possible and move into a mechanical fitter job with a city service company preferably government, as like I said it's 50-60 an hour plus 15% super plus full loadings and plenty of overtime available.