Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VX Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockynee121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Yo has anyone got the same prob, my vt berlina average fuel on the trip comp reads 99.9l/100km when i reset it. . any ideas?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
are you driving anywhere when you reset it? You have to be moving, otherwise it'll be using fuel and going nowhere, resulting effectively in an infinite L/100km figure. The VX Clubsports etc switch their 'instant' readout to litres per hour when standing still, not sure on the VTs.

Sam

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Great site, my drink holder lid had the problem where the latch was broken, got the part number off that site n fixed it today, easy as the whole compartment just lifts straight out of the console, 2 minute job. The part was $17 though, what a rip!! Even the guy at Holden said it was a rip off but what else can you do...lol.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Series I
does any one know how to fix a borken glove box in a vx? mine broke ages ago, n the only way to keep it from falling is to leave it shut, as soon as you let it go it will fall
HELP! :p

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Replace it. Only way I know of, and a common problem on VXs. Make sure you identify the broken bit before you order anything though, you don't want to buy the wrong bit lol

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Ok after a few PM's asking me how this is done, thought I might place a few pics and steps up of how to replace
this latch. Sorry for the limited pics, was running out of battery power, but hopefully you get the general idea.

Pic1.

Open up the dash bin, and in the left hand corner you will see a pin. Remove this pin, it simply just slides
out of place.

Pic2.

Once the pin has been removed, apply pressure in the direction the arrow is pointing, and at the same time
pull towards your body. Dont apply too much pressure tho as the compartment will slide out easy enough to
gain access to the Latch.

Pic3.

Once the compartment is out, this is where the latch sits, push the latch out of position and replace with
a new latch (Can buy them at Holden $12).

Pic4.

Latch been removed from the dash bin assembly.

Now just reverse the procedure, push the compartment back in to place until you hear it clicking back in to
place and push the pin back in to location, and you're done.

I know it's 2 years later. But thanks for the guide. After working out to use the flat head screwdriver to push the lil hook out on the right i got it straight out no worries.

Annoying thing was te cost of replacing it $19.00 at Suttons Spare parts. Bloody rip off. Cheers again.

jlousick

jlousick
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 4.8
hey
when ever im driving up hill or just accelerating a bit hard my engine seems to thump once or a couple of times.

just wondering if anybody cold tell me whats wrong.

cheers

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
hey guys, my mate has a series 1 vt with irs and abs, apparently after getting the gas installed the brakes lock up and the steering locks like when your car is off and you turn the steering wheel, also the fuel gauge isnt registering.
what would cause this. * note this is not my car im going by what my mate has said. also he drives like a ...... hoon.*

adelaide paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
When I click on the link to VX faults, I get the following response

Whoops! We can't find your page!

The web page you are trying to access doesn't exist on Yahoo! GeoCities.
http://au.geocities.com/commodoretech/vxfaults.html
If you continue to have trouble, visit our help area for information and assistance

Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.