Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reapers Black VP SS

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
coming along nicely, are you going to do your own real time tuning with the help of the wideband?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I bet Reaper has an obession with the 5 litres 60-100c intake temps about now :0

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I haven't spent enough time collecting data for any conclusions yet beyond establishing that the idle was very rich. Leaned out the VE map at the lower end and it idles very well now. As RPM increases I think it is leaning out which I tend to agree with (had experiemented with more fuel up top with good results in the past).

Reaper

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
How rich was the idle? lower than 13:1?, more fuel up top didn't help my car go faster but I never had the exhaust you do, anyway go get to it and find me a 1/10th of a second :p

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah 12.something (high). It is around 14 now and idles perfectly. It leans right out above 4.5k - around 15:1. Just tossing up weather to do the injectors or just persevere with what I have. It is lean-lean up high - pretty linear graph how it went from rich to lean too.

Reaper

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
15:1~!!!!!!! I find that very strange :p and pretty hard to believe really you would be down 20??????rwkw if that was true and pinging like well, bad :) are you sure all is well with your fuel supply?.

P.S. I made a tune for a guy with the F60 setting in the high 11's on the standard HSV VE map to try and keep his exhaust pipes cooler during a burnout and it worked but the car shoots blue flames out both tail pipes at 5000 rpm and that's a stock 5 litre with pacemakers and 2.5 inch twin system (with X pipe) so it's no lacking in exhaust flow or fuel :)

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
15:1~!!!!!!! I find that very strange :p and pretty hard to believe really you would be down 20??????rwkw if that was true and pinging like well, bad :) are you sure all is well with your fuel supply?.

P.S. I made a tune for a guy with the F60 setting in the high 11's on the standard HSV VE map to try and keep his exhaust pipes cooler during a burnout and it worked but the car shoots blue flames out both tail pipes at 5000 rpm and that's a stock 5 litre with pacemakers and 2.5 inch twin system (with X pipe) so it's no lacking in exhaust flow or fuel :)

I'm thinking dirty old imputant injectors and/or increased dead time due to voltages drop when his twin AU thermos kick in under load....

If you're planning to rebuild the engine I'd probably go some new injectors and make em a little bigger whilst your at it. If not, then just a good clean and dynamic flow test for around $18.00 each should be enough.

L8r

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride

I would be very suprised if it was 20kw down running the numbers it does. If I ever get time i'll spend a few hours methodically mapping the data and see what happens. The car doesn't ping at all.

I'm thinking dirty old imputant injectors and/or increased dead time due to voltages drop when his twin AU thermos kick in under load....

I highly doubt have any substantial effect as they don't seem to make any difference weather they are on or off. Dirty injectors are another story though and highly probable. Pressure could also be an issue.

Reaper

Last edited: