Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF ute in Switzerland. Left hand conversion.

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
Lol... Aussie ute gets written off by a typical Logan City 'skid meets curb' incident and goes to a better place. There's never been a better love story.

Let's be honest, anything's better than cash for scrap. But this is epic.

Hope the big ends didn't get roughed up too much by the rev limiter bashing as the sump opened up. I'm only taking an educated guess as to how this car got written off given the damage seen underneath.

The amount of custom work and pace here is... Kinda beyond words.

Don't forget to give her a thumbs up on YouTube.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
@SarasGarage stoked you joined. We’ve had memebers from US, Canada, Brazil, South Africa, Dubai, Saudi Arabia and UAE before. I’m pretty sure you’re our first Swiss member and I doubt you’ve seen any other VF utes in Switzerland.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
It’s fantastic that someone loves their car that much, let alone it being one of our Holdens.
I get it, but my interest in the modification is much the same as fitting an iconic Holden with a Ford engine.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
And here I was thinking I was impressed by Tavarish's flood McLaren P1 rebuild.

Welcome Sara! So awesome to see the sheer effort and scale youre going to with that conversion, absolute mad respect! :D

Sad to see one had to leave the country, but far happier that it gets to live its life rather than being sent to the scrap heap here

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Dale Vancouver

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Maloo VU11
Hi. Very interesting, as I have a VU Maloo here in Canada, one of two known here, both RHD. I did not know any LHD existed. I read about a company in the USA trying to do conversions, but they were far too expensive. I've had several RHD cars here in Vancouver but being an expat. Kiwi I have no problems and really enjoy it. I imported it several years ago and it certainly attracts a lot of attention.
Dale.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi. Very interesting, as I have a VU Maloo here in Canada, one of two known here, both RHD. I did not know any LHD existed. I read about a company in the USA trying to do conversions, but they were far too expensive. I've had several RHD cars here in Vancouver but being an expat. Kiwi I have no problems and really enjoy it. I imported it several years ago and it certainly attracts a lot of attention.
Dale.
This one is different to the VU-VZ.

VE-VZ is a different construction.

Checkout @OldSkoolGP and his current left hand conversion on his VZ Crewman. Here on the forum and on YouTube.

Hoonigan also documented a left hand conversion on their VY ute.

Dale Vancouver

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Maloo VU11
This one is different to the VU-VZ.

VE-VZ is a different construction.

Checkout @OldSkoolGP and his current left hand conversion on his VZ Crewman. Here on the forum and on YouTube.

Hoonigan also documented a left hand conversion on their VY ute.
Thanks for that, as it was something I was not aware of, one of millions of things I'm not aware of !