Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
O
Rating:
0%
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Feedback Stats

• Hey Old Dog, my 2010 VE SS 6LTR Auto AFM, on a muscle car ? I changed the plugs as holden charge the earth, 4 plugs burnt out the other 4 where in good nick, but ya gotta change all of them. would it be damaging heads, rings ect? cost of plugs V's economy not much difference ! I have a new varex 2 and 3/4" exhaust system on so I can hear it. what would it cost to remove the AFM system.
    Gday Toecutta, Had two actually. The first one just broke apart about 50km's down the road from hitting a big hole. The tyre just went flat and when I removed it from the car the rim fell to pieces. Second time was another big hit, I mean real big to the point you knew something was gonna be broken (swerved to avoid a road train) next morning flat front tyre. Swapped to the spare and took the rim down to the wheel place and they crack tested the rim and found the problem. Take your wheel to a decent tyre place that does crack testing, usually the mobs that involved with mines or trucking companies as its a statutory requirement now that split rims etc are crack tested before new tyres get fitted. The crack test will find your problem. Hit any big holes lately? What kind of rim 19 or 20 inch are bad for it out here in the bush.

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Bill
    Hey just reading your post about cracking wheels in the Nyngan-Cobar area. I've been having dramas with a tyre that gradually goes flat over the space of a week. I've taken it to two tyre places where the wheel is removed and submerged but no bubbles seen. I can't help but wonder if the weight of the car opens up a crack which closes up when the wheel is removed from the car. What's your experience with cracked wheels?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…