Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt v6 to 304 v8 conversion

CM99VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 sedan
well as the name implies the v6 is dead and i aint putting another 1 in lol will be doing this fairly slow i have the k frame in and just about the whole front suspension is new

picking up a motor for it next week do some slight work then get ready to put it in.

some things to be done still

20s
bigger brakes
vz gaurds new lsd diff in the 3.46 area
worked auto
extractors

here are some pics of the car before and some of the work

thats all i can be bothered writing at the moment let me know what you think everyone.

Attachments

• 13092008020.jpg
    13092008020.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,781
  • 13092008019.jpg
    13092008019.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,408
  • PIC00203.jpg
    PIC00203.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 1,331

CM99VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 sedan
well finally got new motor doesnt seem to bad for 800. apparently it has a "stage 1" cam ported and polished heads and a remapped computer.. anybody got some good tips for getting it to up and go a bit quicker without busting the bank

Attachments

• New motor.jpg
    New motor.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 3,575
  • New motor..jpg
    New motor..jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 3,826

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
If your doing exhaust and get a cold air intake, small cam and a tune then theres not alot left to do. Bang it in and enjoy. Keep us all updated as you go and take heaps of pics. A how-to would be good if you got the time to do it.

CM99VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 sedan
well finaly just about finished the motor only hunting around for little parts... heres a pic of what it looks like now much better than what it did

Attachments

• 22122008014.jpg
    22122008014.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 3,159
  • 22122008015.jpg
    22122008015.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,274

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
dude, i don't know if you are aware, but that motor is a VN-VS 5ltr with a vt cover and shroud.

vn-vs motor runs a hyrolic cam and no maf sensor, with a few other changes, the vs series 3 motor and vt runs a hydrolic cam and maf sensor.

running a hydrolic cam motor in a vt is illegal due to emmisions and RTA pick this up via the engine number.

if you do need any assistance throughout the conversion, i have converted my vt v6 to a 5ltr and an LS1 as well done in my garage, so i'd be happy to help out.

but i highly suggest not to install that motor.

i can tell that is not a vt 5ltr as it is missing a vaccum line from the throttle body, vt ran 2 extra vaccum lines, its also running a vn-vs alternator and pulley setup.
if it was a vt motor, i highly doubt someone would go to the effort of replacing a throttle body and all the pulleys and alternator with a older generation motor.

if you need a hand verifying the motor, post up the engine number and i'll be able to tell you whether its a hydrolic motor or a roller cam motor.

CM99VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 sedan
dude, i don't know if you are aware, but that motor is a VN-VS 5ltr with a vt cover and shroud.

vn-vs motor runs a hyrolic cam and no maf sensor, with a few other changes, the vs series 3 motor and vt runs a hydrolic cam and maf sensor.

running a hydrolic cam motor in a vt is illegal due to emmisions and RTA pick this up via the engine number.

if you do need any assistance throughout the conversion, i have converted my vt v6 to a 5ltr and an LS1 as well done in my garage, so i'd be happy to help out.

but i highly suggest not to install that motor.

i can tell that is not a vt 5ltr as it is missing a vaccum line from the throttle body, vt ran 2 extra vaccum lines, its also running a vn-vs alternator and pulley setup.
if it was a vt motor, i highly doubt someone would go to the effort of replacing a throttle body and all the pulleys and alternator with a older generation motor.

if you need a hand verifying the motor, post up the engine number and i'll be able to tell you whether its a hydrolic motor or a roller cam motor.

i'm aware of that mate i couldnt find a roller cam anywhere so just got this the fella at work is blue slipping it he knows what it is out of so should be all fine umm bout the other vacuum lines where do they go lol i cant find any1 around here who has 1 of these stupid things

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Very nice, i like the painted block look.

CHEETR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT feature car, WRX STI WAGON
you will also find that the motor will be grosely underpowered for the car, and you will probably have better performance from a buick ecotec rather than a vn-vs 5ltr due to the shear weight of the vt.

which vaccum lines are you talking about, post up a pic and i'll tell you where they go

CM99VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 sedan
you will also find that the motor will be grosely underpowered for the car, and you will probably have better performance from a buick ecotec rather than a vn-vs 5ltr due to the shear weight of the vt.

which vaccum lines are you talking about, post up a pic and i'll tell you where they go

dunno the ecotec was pretty ordinary its the same motor so i dont think it'll matter and itd got flat tops and been bored out a lil bit with apparently a baby cam so it'll go ok... umm ill get some pics wen i go into town next as its at my work the big 1 that goes through the manifold hooks onto the fuel reg apparently??? and theres two at the throttle bodie i'm unsure of. ahh and what did you do about the pollution gear??