Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

♥♦ GAMBLR ♣♠ VZ Calais

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Cheers buddy, I don't mind them but not my first preference, so wait and see what happens. I'm thinking I'll just dump it and cross that bridge when I come to it. Cops always look at it, but haven't pulled me up yet :S not keen on taking it through brethos tho

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
They are always looking at mine and it has kings supers all around and 10% tint. I have even had a few uturn and follows but once they scan my plates and see my driving record is fine and Im not speeding they go on their way. The back is close to yours but my front guard is just above my 20s. I am using kyb excel g shocks all around though.

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Haven't had many follow me yet, touch wood. Some of ours are alright, some of them are shocking and just turn defects into a sport.

Surprisingly, the current suspension is FE2 :p yep, righteo... it's close to the height I want so i'll probably stay close to what it is now. Looking at the shortened shocks, struts, swaybars n crap as well... in good time.

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Well, apart from WK indicators, a couple badges and a really annoying squeak in the driver's seat, still going strong and still enjoying it. Rims in the next few weeks.... fingers crossed!

Also, looking for opinions on painting the roof panel black, to give it a 'Euro' inspired feel. It'll be reppin' VZ Senator flutes, Bi-Xenon HID's and LED DRL as soon as I get my s*** together lol oh and HBD boot lip and rear windscreen spoiler as well :D

S

StealthCalais

Well, apart from WK indicators, a couple badges and a really annoying squeak in the driver's seat, still going strong and still enjoying it. Rims in the next few weeks.... fingers crossed!

Also, looking for opinions on painting the roof panel black, to give it a 'Euro' inspired feel. It'll be reppin' VZ Senator flutes, Bi-Xenon HID's and LED DRL as soon as I get my s*** together lol oh and HBD boot lip and rear windscreen spoiler as well :D

All sound like good plans, black roof always looks a treat on the Merc's and Bmw's (mind you most the roof is usually a moon roof/sun roof type thing). Would be interesting to see the result on a silverVZ, especially if theres black rims and tint involved :D

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Cheers fellas, getting there slowly as usual. Boot lip is one of the next items, if I can find one :p Rare to come across atm...

The Merc/BMW is what inspired the roof, but I haven't got around to getting any photoshops done. And rims..... well I'm about to disappoint everyone :D I'm not huge on black rims, so I've decided to go bling again.....

*puts on the flame suit*

luke641

ST33ZE: A Berlina Thing
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina with Calais Bits
How blingy are we talking? hahaha... I reckon the black roof will look good!

IMO 20' Black meshies with a chrome lip would look awesome.

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Keep an eye on the thread in the next couple weeks and you might find out ;) but they're a classy bling, so fingers crossed they're acceptable lol.

I thought about black and I can't bring myself to do it. I really prefer chrome rims...

Cheers mate, gotta have a photoshop knocked up at some stage to get half a picture, but I reckon it'd look alright