Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

0-100kmh Times

abg

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ v6
I've been doing some testing on my recently purchased auto VZ Commodore to get a base line before I start modifying it. It already has some basic mods, k&n air filter, an exhaust which I think is twin 2.25" into a single 2.5" and extractors as well as a few other things, wheels, lowering springs etc. The car has around 190,000km on it.

Running 0-100kmh tests with a reasonable launch I'm only getting around 9.3 seconds which seems really slow to me, I thought from the factory they were about 7.5 seconds?. This was with about 3/4 tank of 95 on a 29C day.

Has anyone else tested their 0-100kmh times?

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
has your k & n air filter oiled up the MAF causing a lean mixture and less power.

trenooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz v8 wanna be
was under the impression that you would lose power with a twin 2.25?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
but he has extractors as well so that should make the times better than stock shouldnt it?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
175 or 190 motor?? A healthy 175 with the mods you have listed should run in the 8 sec bracket to 100kph. My SV6 with a VCM tune does it in 7 flat with a full audio system.

abg

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ v6
Thanks for the replies everyone. It's a 175. I'll check the MAF this morning and may put an LC1 wideband on this afternoon to see how the mixtures look. Have been looking at purchasing the VCM suite to do some tuning too as it seems there are big gains to be made there.

I did the 2 hole mod and a few more runs last night, was seeing around 8.8-9.1s which is a little bit better but still a lot higher than it should be. My launches are a bit inconsistent, revving too high on the stall is causing wheel spin and slower times.

Has anyone else tested their times?

abg

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ v6
Did a bit of measuring up today. The headers are made by Advance, 1 3/8" primaries down to a 2 1/4" secondary. These join to a cat on either side which goes to dual 2" pipes which join just before the rear wheels to a single 2.5" pipe then out through a mid size muffler and a small muffler just before the tip. I'm not sure if any of this is still the factory system or not, it does like a bit old and crappy and has press bends. It is fairly loud under any sort of acceleration, too loud for my liking, cruising at a constant speed is fairly quiet.

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the stock system to compare with?

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
How are you timing your runs. If it is by a hand stopwatch then its not ideal. If you live close to a dragstrip, then this would be ideal to go and utilise their accurate timers.

Just for reference below is a pic. Its not a 175, but it will give you an idea of a 190. Its my totally stock 2004 VZ Calais running BP Ultimate 98 with 3/4 tank of fuel. Gtech Performance Meter was the timing instrument.

0-100 km/h range from 6.99sec - 7.37sec below;

15dur0w.jpg

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
I'd love to test my time, but last time i tried around the docks, I got dobbed in by the bloody night workers.