Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

0-100kmh Times

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
How are you timing your runs. If it is by a hand stopwatch then its not ideal. If you live close to a dragstrip, then this would be ideal to go and utilise their accurate timers.

Just for reference below is a pic. Its not a 175, but it will give you an idea of a 190. Its my totally stock 2004 VZ Calais running BP Ultimate 98 with 3/4 tank of fuel. Gtech Performance Meter was the timing instrument.

0-100 km/h range from 6.99sec - 7.37sec below;

that's quick for a standard 190,
is it auto or manual?

I ran a 14.9 with a few mods including an exedy clutch, and my 0-100 times were give or take 7 flat too?

besides that, anything slower than 8 flat is a bit worrying for a 175... i'd be checking for engine sludging and possibly bad spark plugs/coils, who knows...

abg

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ v6
There is a local drag strip that I plan on going to in the next few weeks to get some proper times, although it might be a bit embarassing being the slowest car at the track haha, I'd guess around 16s? I expect it should launch a lot better on a properly prepped track. I am just timing with a stop watch, I agree it's not ideal but the reproducability is about the same as the gtech times posted.

Sludging doesn't seem to be too easy to check on these engines as there's a baffle under the oil filler hole, I may look at pulling off a rocker cover though. The car has full service records so at least I know the oils been changed every 15,000km. Plugs have just been changed with NGK LTR61P-11 regapped to 1.5mm. There was a slight miss previously that went away after changing them.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
My exec runs low 6's at night but anywhere from 8-9's avg on a scorching day......... but I have most **** done except for a turbo or supercharger.

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
My exec runs low 6's at night but anywhere from 8-9's avg on a scorching day......... but I have most **** done except for a turbo or supercharger.

low 6's....??

that's insanely fast for a 6... and a little unbeleivable to be honest lol.
But if the variance is from low 6s to 8.5s... then you've probably got problems coz that's a massive difference in times, even the difference between a 2 degree night and a 40degree day isn't THAT much...

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
i could belive a six could do it in 6 as an ss with simple tune can break into the 5 sec zone

street machine did an artical a while back where they got an ls1 vt ss they just did simple bolt ons including stallie and diff gears tune and all the rest they had her into the 12 sec 1/4 mile zone so maby just into the 4 sec zone

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
whilst i have no doubt of that,

take note of 2 things:

firstly, v8s take much less to go fast, a 5.7 will run 250-odd rwkw with a full exhaust, intake and tune to suit... There's plenty of them on this forum, so we know it's true...

secondly, his car (by his own admission in his own thread), makes 140ish rwkw. Mine makes (dyno proven) 159rwkw. and mine (a 190) has been tuned and modded too.

so trust me, unless he can video it to prove it, im afraid i just don't beleive it...

(also, impulsesv6 supercharged alloytec will do high 5's, and its been worked to the hilt, there's no way a NA 175 can do low 6's without boost or HUGE mods...)

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
to be quite honest I wish I could record a run in miliseconds just to prove how fast it is.

I can get most SS's off the line....... just because Impulse has a massive supercharger or whatever doesn't mean squat, you gotta get power to the ground, manage your weight correctly........ the 1st 2 seconds count the most....... then when you come up out of first you gotta get your shift right, pressure, advance drop sorted, next to no wheel spin due to the pressure of the shift etc........ gotta be quick n smooth.

6 seconds flat is very 'do able' in a 6......... a supercharger in a 6 is more top end power, more grunt throughout the overall rev range......... but off the line most will have trouble putting that massive power to the ground straight up.......

0-100 has many factors that come into it and thats no bullshit. To be quite honest with you, SS's are pretty slow off the line I recon........ even the VE SS's........ they weigh more and V8's make alot of sound but straight up they dont make super power til mid to high end.

They are heavier, they get more wheel spin..........

No doubt a VE SS will kill me in the end, but I'll get em to 60... I've run around 7 tunes over my car from VE Omega's to VE SV6's to Cadillac CTS Direct Injections ......... to workout how power works when putting it to the road.

They all have pro's and con's........ but yeh. Off the line power opimisation is hard........ it's not easy to move 1-2 tonnes quickly lol

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
How are you timing your runs. If it is by a hand stopwatch then its not ideal. If you live close to a dragstrip, then this would be ideal to go and utilise their accurate timers.

Just for reference below is a pic. Its not a 175, but it will give you an idea of a 190. Its my totally stock 2004 VZ Calais running BP Ultimate 98 with 3/4 tank of fuel. Gtech Performance Meter was the timing instrument.

A stopwatch used well is way more accurate then a g tech meter, i used one of those on my old SSS pulsar and it told me i was running a much quicker time then the printout at WSID (Dragstrip)

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
to be quite honest I wish I could record a run in miliseconds just to prove how fast it is.

I can get most SS's off the line....... just because Impulse has a massive supercharger or whatever doesn't mean squat, you gotta get power to the ground, manage your weight correctly........ the 1st 2 seconds count the most....... then when you come up out of first you gotta get your shift right, pressure, advance drop sorted, next to no wheel spin due to the pressure of the shift etc........ gotta be quick n smooth.

6 seconds flat is very 'do able' in a 6......... a supercharger in a 6 is more top end power, more grunt throughout the overall rev range......... but off the line most will have trouble putting that massive power to the ground straight up.......

0-100 has many factors that come into it and thats no bullshit. To be quite honest with you, SS's are pretty slow off the line I recon........ even the VE SS's........ they weigh more and V8's make alot of sound but straight up they dont make super power til mid to high end.

They are heavier, they get more wheel spin..........

No doubt a VE SS will kill me in the end, but I'll get em to 60... I've run around 7 tunes over my car from VE Omega's to VE SV6's to Cadillac CTS Direct Injections ......... to workout how power works when putting it to the road.

They all have pro's and con's........ but yeh. Off the line power opimisation is hard........ it's not easy to move 1-2 tonnes quickly lol

Im sorry but you are full of ****. Printout of 1/4 timeslip if you want to claim figures like that lolz.