Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

03 vy ss ute

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
hey mate, nice ute. looks like mine way back. check my thread out bro, get some idea's of what can be done to these things.

the4finger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec 5 speed
hey mate i'm currently running dual type R 12's in my car and want to atleast keep one of them when i upgrade to a ute like yours and was wondering if you could throw a few photos up of how/where yours is mounted?

W45H1NGT0N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
hey mate i'm currently running dual type R 12's in my car and want to atleast keep one of them when i upgrade to a ute like yours and was wondering if you could throw a few photos up of how/where yours is mounted?

hey man
currently im running it in a stock alpine ported box,
but in the very soon future a mates of mine is making up a custom ported box that'll go right next to the fuel tank in the long range tank location, it's tuned to 33hz and only just fits.

twalt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS COMMODORE
hot ute mate :)

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
the vy ss ute, my favourite commodore v8 ute of all time.
looks tough as nails mate, good luck with making her into more of a beast.

W45H1NGT0N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
Hey guys cheers for the comments and suggestions, much appreciated.

I haven't done much with the Ute lately, waiting for my infill panel, thinking about doing ssl's front and back or if I can't get in and out of my driveway with them in I'll bag the back and put ssl's in the front.

Also got twin dual 3inch dump tips put on so now that they've carboned up she pops crackles and sometimes goes off like a shotgun. Yesterday I was slowing down at the lights and at 40 I put it in 1st and kept slowing down and when it got to 30 it backfired and the guy behind me in his ricer skyline shat a brick, I laughed so hard I almost literally pmsl was like a big old slap in da face to try hard ricers!!!!!

Then I'm thinking about extending my loan and getting rims, cam, roller rockers, pushrods, dual row timing chain, mafless tune, 3.46 diff gears, Harrop diff cover, rebuild transmission with bullet proof everything and a high stall.
But that might be too big of a list......

I used to have a set of 20inch incubus paranormals on my last ride (odyssey blue vz acclaim dumped on ssl's):rip: and I traded them in with that car cos at that point in time I was sick of the tires costing so much when I had to replace them every couple of months. but now that I have a larger expendable income I want to get either those rims back or find some other ones of the same brand and size (20inch incubus paranormals) as I think they'd look f**king sex on the ute. A Red VY SS Ute with polished alloy/black deep dish rims on ssl's.

Also working out some other designs for some more otr's with different size air filters, so if anyone has a decent size air filter and would like an otr made up just pm me and we'll c if we can work something out
:thumbsup:

Just to clarify things with the power output: my mates VU 6 speed manual S Pac Ute has tri-y extractors, 100cpi high flow cats, twin 2.5inch catback and that's it, it hasn't even been dyno'd. He's beaten our other mate at the drags who has a VY 6 speed manual SV8 which has, tri-y extractors, 100cpi high flow cats, twin 2.5inch catback custom mafless tune and a custom otr with a dyno run of 340rwhp.

So get this; General Motors make this engine called an LS1, they do thousands and thousands of R&D and get the LS1 engine pretty good, I'd say 80/20 cos it could of been better in a quite a fue ways. Then they build hundreds of these engines and put them in commodores, thinking that because they've tested (dyno'd/other performance testing) say 50 of these engines and they've all had the same tune put onto them, that they'd all have roughly the same power output, 0-100km/h & 1/4 mile times. so with anything mass produced there will always be abnormalities like there are some engines that have slightly less power that the stated or for my mates case a VU S Pac with a lot more power than the stated. Last year he ran a 13.1 or near abouts with only a full exhaust and that my friends is what we call a freak motor.

Pics of new tips will hopefully be up soon!!!

I've had my rant for the day and as usual any comments or feed back as to what direction I should go with mods will be appreciated

PEACE!!!

impulsed_sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
hey looks good and i kno first hand how it sounds pure sex on wheels