Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

04 vz sv6 had to be hotwired to start then after it started check powertrain has come on and not left what could be going on?

Lisa's04vzsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vz sv6
Hey all I hope someone can help,
I went to go to work today but my car had nothing not even a click but my dash lights worked, then I called my partner and he had to hot wire my car to get it started then after it started I had a check powertrain light come on but had to drive to work cause I was about to be late, I've now finished work and one back to go home but my car started okay but the powertrain code is still there as well as a service Engine oil before it does the system check wtf could be going I dont want to **** my car by driving it if it's something serious I'm hoping it's just a dirty throttle body or something

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s not a dirty throttle body.
The only way you will get a starting point to investigate is either replace every part in the car one by one or plug a diagnostic scan tool of half decent quality in and see what codes have been generated. They don’t tell us what is broken. They tell us where to start looking.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
did he remove whatever he "hotwired"
without knowing what he did its a bit difficult to diagnose this
original fault could have been many things

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
By "hot wire", do you mean that he used jumper leads from his car to your car, to start your car?