Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

05 White Lumina (My First Car)

insanepooner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VZ Lumina
So went out yesterday and picked up some SS taillights, brand new with globes and everything for $300. Also got the SS bumper insert for $100.

2ziarn9.jpg

142fsz7.jpg

Orderd some more T10 LEDs and put them in as my parkers, they look sweet :)

29y5ji9.jpg

10opd91.jpg

Just need to get my hands on some diamond vision globes now :)

Can't wait to get it all sprayed so I can put it on!

insanepooner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but here are a few updates :)

Finally got around to getting my front and rear bar sprayed, and installing the SS tail lights. So happy with it now! Here are some photos!

1zzmj3c.jpg

All Naked

30mvbz5.jpg

Freshly Painted

2w5sffc.jpg

Ready to Go

34xrsau.jpg

From this

To This

x4j1o6.jpg

SS Conversion

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, should of taken them with a better camera!

Next up is to;

> Plasti Dip Holden Badges to Black.
>> Wrap or Dip interior dash to Black gloss, like the SS's or the Calais.
>>> Speaker upgrade from stock to Kicker RS in both front and back.
>>>> SSV 19' Rims
>>>>> Remove Spoiler
>>>>>> LED interior dash conversion from Green to Blue/White

Done :)

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
good progress mate, the rig is looking good with the ss bits

insanepooner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys so here are my latest updates on the car.

Finally got some new shoes for her today and am so happy with them! Got them for $1,025 from eBay. All new tyres (Mayruns 235/35/19).

2cgcxfl.jpg

258yx34.jpg

1z587cg.jpg

Also picked this up from a bloke on Gumtree for $70. Fingers crossed it fits but it sounded pretty nice when I had a look at it on his VZ SV6.

1622sy1.jpg

You will notice in the photos as well I de-baged the 'Commodore' and 'Lumina' badges, looks much more neater now! Also ended up plasti dipping my front badge black as well.

Went back and visited Nathan at Automotive Lighting Customs and got my high beams and foggiest turned to HID, absolutely stunning vision. He also persuaded me into getting some footwells and puddles done as well! So I thought why not. So all of my interior lights are now white (sunglass holder, rear reading lights, footwells, keyhole light), and my puddle lights on all four doors are blue. Looks pretty P-Platerish, but I'm very happy with the end result! Very clean and tidy job all for a reasonable price.

https://www.facebook.com/automotivelightingcustoms

Next up I am thinking of getting some new springs for her, also new strut mounts and a brace. Doing a bit of research I have been kinda keen on the Pedders SportRyders, but will see down the track whats best and what works.

Other then the new springs and strut mounts and bar I might have to look at getting my interior lights done from this bloke.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vt-Ve-Custom-LED-Lighting/152421464861106

His work seems pretty good, and it looks sweet. Everything to white besides my needles, they will be blue (well thats the plan anyway).

Ill put up a video of me comparing the exhausts once I fit it!

insanepooner

Reaction score
Members Ride
So fitted up my new exhaust the other day its really really loud, would even come close to saying too loud. The drone is crazy as well. But the one thing that is most annoying is this knocking/vibrating sound I get from the cats hitting either a bolt of something under the car. Its driving me nuts. Any movement in the exhaust and I can hear it (mostly when I' am turning).

I was going to put it off and purchase an 2.25 Xforce catback system from Tuff Car Parts in Morrabin (Tuff Car Parts Online Performance Store - Australian Mail Order Performance Parts Online) but have decided to first grab some high flow cats which will hopefully put an end to this annoying rattle. Going to try Mr Muffler and see how I go.

Will post up some videos and quotes tomorrow. Peace.