Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'06 SVZ Commodore Advice

HSVBoI

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm (Prussian Steel) *For Sale*
Hey everyone, I'm thinking about buying a mates SVZ off him as he lost his license and then got caught driving without a license 1km from the Nissan dealer where he just got the 35,000km service done on his '04 350Z. He would be quite happy if I paid $4k for it but I know all the issues and history of the car. I've seen these in great condition with way lower kms for around the $10k mark. I offered considerably less as it'll cost a bit to fix up the SVZ will be a run around.

It's got nearly 187,000kms on it and I think it's been in a crash or someone really didn't like the old owner and smashed the windows or something as I've found glass in every door, in the boot and under the rear seats.
Sorry about the long post, need to explain everything also doesn't help I'm a Uni student that has to write 5000 words essays quite a bit. :\

It's got quite a bit wrong with it, as it is now, I wouldn't class it as road worthy.
The following things need to be fixed/repaired.

- Broken and sun damaged spoiler
- Sagging rear suspension (Both sag but 1 side is near tucking)
- The LPI Gas system needs a new computer (Current one is cracked)
- All alloys have quite a bit of gutter rash (One rear tyre has a slight leak)
- There's around a dozen small dents all over the body as well as quite a few light to medium scratches
- LH fog light is smashed, rear of 1 headlight is broken (Caused by slightly hitting the rear of a car at around 40km)
- Interior lighting fuse blows as soon as the fuse touches where it goes (Also sparks at the same time)
- Elec windows are slightly slow compared to my VY Berlina windows.
- Sometimes (such as tonight) the temp will rise to nearly half way for no reasons. (Was a coolish night)
- Rotors are warped
- Needs new brakes pads (F and R)
- Needs new radius rod bushes
- 90% sure the wheels need balancing and aligning
- Paint needs a good polish, claying and waxing
- Brakes and power steering needs flushing
- When cold the gear box kicks from 1st to 2nd but only for the first 2-4 minutes
- Fuel gauge error sometimes comes up other times "Low Fuel" or "Very Low Fuel" comes up even if the tank is full, the digital and analog gauge doesn't work at all, I work out when to fill up by how many ltrs I have used
- Injectors need replacing as well as spark plugs and engine belt. Most likely fuel filter too.
- Suspect it needs new bushes up front as steering is a bit funny
- Leather steering wheel has slight wear up top
- Down button on mirror control doesn't work

The kinda good things (Less than a year old)
- Octane Tint was put on
- New rubber on all wheels (Each cost around $235)
- Last 6 months diff and gear box were serviced professionally
- Major service at Auto Masters (Compression tested and passed with the same number on each cylinder)
- Achieved 7.9ltr/100 on a 200km trip to my home town with about 10km crazy busy CBD traffic, the 110km zone had lots of hills and towns
- Engine still runs very quiet (Considering my mate use to give it a hard time till his license loss and I started driving it)
- Broken accelerator was replaced yesterday (Finally, driving with your foot behind it was annoying, so was left foot braking)
- MACE Manifold spacer fitted as well as K&N panel filter and 2 hole mod done
- Still has quite a bit of go for the kms on it and how it's been treated)

I'm probably missing a few things out but can't remember them all.
So, what would it be work taking in what's listed above and the repair cost. Does anyone know what any of the above would cost to have fixed? Should I buy it or look away?
Cheers!

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Sounds like a piece of crap where you would fix one thing and find 4 other things wrong.

HSVBoI

Reaction score
Members Ride
In that list there are quite a few cosmetic things which doesn't really affect the running of the car. There's also quite a few things I can get for cheap and either install them myself or I can get a hand from mates/the old man when he's back home from the mines.

When it had the major service the old things on the report they said needed fixing/replaced were the wiper blades, brake fluid, power steering fluid, gear box and diff(they were service the week after) air filter (was cleaned and re-oiled the day after) and something else which was fixed a little while ago.

For a run-a-round I could probably get away with fixing the brakes and radius rod bushes then be done with it, but I have, guess you could say OCD where everything no matter what has to be fully functional/working. :\

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Sounds like pretty much any Commodore that hasn't been serviced regularly and had small things fixed as they happen. I'd pay $4k for it.

HSVBoI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I kinda agree, but it'd be a very cheap car to use as a run around with gas. Just goes to show that some people don't look after their cars much, considering it was bought for $9k just over a year or something ago and now it's pretty much just scrap. lol.