Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

10 Cars that could’ve saved Holden

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What do you describe as an SUV? AWD? Something that can be used by family as well as in the bush?

Seems to me the Adventra is an SUV and was way ahead of it's time with all manufacturers now producing an AWD wagon. Previous to that the only choice was a Land Rover/Range Rover, International Scout or some truck based vehicles.
It was the exact same offer as a regular wagon. (Drive train omitted). I pointed that out when I wrote “as consumers would expect”. In the quoted text.

An SUV offers height/access benefits and interior space advantages. The VF concept did that with a structurally taller body. It wasn’t the exact same as the VF wagon.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
What do you describe as an SUV? AWD? Something that can be used by family as well as in the bush?
SUV = Suburban Use Vehicle, not to be confused with proper 4WD wagons, excluding LandRover.

These days, any wagon / hatchback that has a 50mm lift and black cladding around the wheels arches is a SUV that can theoretically get to Dead Dingo Creek and back, (via red sandhills ........, G'day Russell Coight) according to the TV adverts and media 'road' tests, which are just a cut and paste of the sales brochure.