Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

105000 service reminder removal, and check oil reminder.

Quentin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0 V
Hi Folks, I own a 6.0 litre (MY2010 built sep 2009 so very early Series 2) Calais auto Sportswagon.
1. The !05000 service reminder comes on at start up and shut down; Can someone instruct me how to disable?

2. Also, Check oil beeps and shows up pretty much at random, which is very annoyinng given there is no issue (plenty oil, no leaks). If it happens often enough it turns to Check Engine that wont disappear unless I disconnect the battery overnight. Can someone help me with this also?? I am sure these questions have been asked on numerous occasions, but I'm not much chop with computers and searching etc etc.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers, Quentin

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Hi Folks, I own a 6.0 litre (MY2010 built sep 2009 so very early Series 2) Calais auto Sportswagon.
1. The !05000 service reminder comes on at start up and shut down; Can someone instruct me how to disable?

2. Also, Check oil beeps and shows up pretty much at random, which is very annoyinng given there is no issue (plenty oil, no leaks). If it happens often enough it turns to Check Engine that wont disappear unless I disconnect the battery overnight. Can someone help me with this also?? I am sure these questions have been asked on numerous occasions, but I'm not much chop with computers and searching etc etc.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers, Quentin
1. Easy… https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/holden/ve-commodore/resetting-service-reminder/

2. Don’t ignore that one. You may have an oil pressure problem such as an oil pump on the way out.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon