Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

12 second factory n/a hsv?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Torn.
I do require lunch control, but also resent being controlled.

My VF2 Wagon SSV Redline PB stock was 13.3s
Cold air intake + E85 + plus a stupid rich tune (my mistake) 12.9s
If only rich at idle(*) no probs, but if rich everywhere it'd likely have done better once fixed!

(*) I say this because the Volvo project car is MAP-sensed & has lumpy cam & CR to cope with 30psi+ boost ... only way I can get it to idle properly is to make it rich just below idle so it wants to increase revs, even the EEC-IV IAC motor designed for a 4.1L engine struggles to provide enough air for my 2.3L motor ... I really need to rebuild with higher static CR pistons.

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
True, but
(a) an HSV with 317kW is a Holden with 304kW … never underestimate the marketing power of fudging the figures using a different measurement method
(b) the 317kW-by-the-same-measure-as-HSV Holden doing 12s quarters probably tells you a “340”kW HSV could do that under the right conditions.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ss-ls3-vs-r8-ls3.264793/

HSV has extractors and a different tune the power gain is real despite SAE and DIN which only explains a handful of Kw anyway

The gains are real hence my question :)

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
Torn.
I do require lunch control, but also resent being controlled.

If only rich at idle(*) no probs, but if rich everywhere it'd likely have done better once fixed!

(*) I say this because the Volvo project car is MAP-sensed & has lumpy cam & CR to cope with 30psi+ boost ... only way I can get it to idle properly is to make it rich just below idle so it wants to increase revs, even the EEC-IV IAC motor designed for a 4.1L engine struggles to provide enough air for my 2.3L motor ... I really need to rebuild with higher static CR pistons.
I posted the logs somewhere in the forum
0.77 lambda all the run . I forgot to change one of the e85 table

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
True, but
(a) an HSV with 317kW is a Holden with 304kW … never underestimate the marketing power of fudging the figures using a different measurement method
(b) the 317kW-by-the-same-measure-as-HSV Holden doing 12s quarters probably tells you a “340”kW HSV could do that under the right conditions.
The 304kw Magnum is soft and doughy compared to the 325kw Maloo.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I'm referring to Gen F 1 HSVs though which was the premise of the thread, which have more power and a unique engine and transmission tune.
Engine tune for a Gen F2 SV Black (last of the 340's) is different to the VF2 LS3. The trans tune is identical. The 340 engine tune has more ignition timing and a few fueling differences.