Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

150Db

Qorx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Ute
Hey,

I know the maxium decibels you can hear before you start doing damage to your ears is 120, or 150. So I want a system that can achieve a really good and loud sound with good quality on full blast. Does anyone know what setup, to go with and a good place to get it installed in the Sydney area?

Edited.

Last edited:

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Is your car a sedan?
It's going to be a huge, expensive task. That noise will be coming from your subs as well, not speakers. All you will hear is brrrrrrrr on a tone.. to build a system which is musical at 150dB isn't something to consider, but really your whole thread is completely ridiculous. If you want to reach 150dB on tones in a sedan for an SPL competition, slightly different story.

Qorx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Ute
Is your car a sedan?
It's going to be a huge, expensive task. That noise will be coming from your subs as well, not speakers. All you will hear is brrrrrrrr on a tone.. to build a system which is musical at 150dB isn't something to consider, but really your whole thread is completely ridiculous. If you want to reach 150dB on tones in a sedan for an SPL competition, slightly different story.
Hmk, Yes it is a sedan. Well what would be a good setup that would be really loud, with good quality speakers, subs and amps?

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
two 12's and a solid 3000watt amp for the subs...

pair of splits in each front door off a 4x100watt amp...

Qorx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Ute
Bump, need to know so I can start arranging some money for these.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Seeing as you want that Alpine head unit then your minimum budget will be at least $1800

Qorx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Ute
Seeing as you want that Alpine head unit then your minimum budget will be at least $1800

That head unit is only $999 on special atm, but I don't really care about that. I wanna know what setup will give me atleast 120dB or a really really good sound system.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Are you worried much about sound quality, I'll probably guess not. You want loud sound and neck snapping bass. Digital Designs is what you need, and so a fat wallet. Good luck

Qorx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Ute
Yes. I want the sound to be really clear and perfect. But have a really really really loud system. I'm not sure where to go for my system to achieve atleast 100dB.