Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

19'' SSV wheels on VT Calais

CJ_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
Hey guys i know this has been covered bulk times but ive come across a set of 19 inch SSV wheels for my calais at a dirt cheap price in brand new condition and i need a direct answer straight away.
All i need to know is will they fit onto my VT Calais with 245/40R19 tyres after I machine the rim? no camber kit or anything? the car still has standard suspension
Also eventually down the line i would like to lower it with either SL's or SSL's. will i need a camber kit for when i do this?
Thanks heaps lads
Chris

blocka

EXC35
Reaction score
Website
www.southerncoastcustoms.com
Members Ride
VT S L67
I have them on mine and machined the lip with a die grinder and they are fine. However I got Tyres to suit as from my belief the tyre profile for the VE's cause the problems.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Yes they will fit once machined, no camber kit needed if stock height and yes you will need one unless you like buying tyres. I would recommend a 235/35 or 245/35 over the 40 profile though.

CJ_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
sweet thanks heaps guys, i plan to lower the profile when i get some money but for the time being im going to need to leave the tyres they come with.
If i lower the profile what is the widest i would be able to go on the ssv rim fatmoe?

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
You can go a 265 if you want or even more but then you have to start modifying the rear guards to suit.

87LAG

BOOSTED 6 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2 AUTO RAPTORCHARGED
Its not hard to phone a decent tyre shop rather than starting a useless thread thats been done to death

the facts are that yes once machined will go on but tyres are no good they will more than likely hit the strut at the front and more importantly be illegal for the car u will need to change over to a 245/35r19

cheers and gl

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
AS 87LAG has said. Also, you will need VE style nuts to suit the VT, or they will vibrate loose. Happened on dad's VT when we didn't realise we needed new nuts.

CJ_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
About how much will they set me back and where can I get them from?

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Hey guys i know this has been covered bulk times but ive come across a set of 19 inch SSV wheels for my calais at a dirt cheap price in brand new condition and i need a direct answer straight away.
All i need to know is will they fit onto my VT Calais with 245/40R19 tyres after I machine the rim? no camber kit or anything? the car still has standard suspension
Also eventually down the line i would like to lower it with either SL's or SSL's. will i need a camber kit for when i do this?
Thanks heaps lads
Chris
If u use 40r tyre profile your speedo will be out, so u need to get 35 profile for a 19inch rim