Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

19'' SSV wheels on VT Calais

CJ_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
If u use 40r tyre profile your speedo will be out, so u need to get 35 profile for a 19inch rim

Sweet as, i can still drive on the 40r's yeh? illl just have speedo troubles and maybe scrubbing on the front strut on full lock?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
You won't be able to drive with a VE size tyre. It hits the front strut more than just full lock and scrubs badly on the rear.

sharp0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pac S2 Manual 2000
Hello, I have just currently done the same thing as chris. Although my 19's are Redline VE SSV Rims with the pre drill to fit my Vt S Pac.

I have stock as sh!t suspension, I need to replace the tyres on them as they are unroad worthy there 235/35r19s

Just seems the front sits alright but the rear looks like it has tones of clearance?
Im pretty new to this

here i have a photo with the stock wheels on it then the 19s
the stocks are 225/50r16s

Now with the 19s

Please give me your thoughts on what you reckon i should do to make it look better?

sharp0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pac S2 Manual 2000
Like SL or SSL? front and rear or just rear? the clearance of the tyre from the front sturt is only a finger and a half if that.

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
hones out ya diff, less power and is just a show pony leave ya 17's on or whatever.