Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1979 VC SLE Prototype

isszy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 manual , VY Berlina wagon, GC8 WRX sedan
As an outside observer, I really hope that this is legit. Since Holden became collateral damage in GM's misguided attempts to rule the world, special Holdens should be retained.

But man, just show us some damn photos ! Otherwise it is just talk. Watch what I do here:

My first car was an HQ Premier, built either March or May 1974 (can't remember which). It must have been an HJ Premier prototype because it had:

1. HJ front bucket seats.
2. special cloth and vinyl trim.
3. a centre air vent in the dash pad.
4. clear halogen high beam globes.
5. HJ tail lights.
6. Anti-pollution gear from the HJ series.
7. first registered owner was GM-H.
8. special GTS rims which were chrome and black instead of grey and black.

Except none of this means jack.

1. HJ front bucket seats - installed by my brother in law who owned it before me.
2. special cloth and vinyl trim - as above.
3. a centre air vent in the dash pad - last of the model run and I think it got a Statesman dash pad.
4. clear halogen high beam globes - dunno - someone installed them along the way.
5. HJ tail lights - BS - it did not have these but without photos who would know.
6. Anti-pollution gear from the HJ series - also BS - I think anti-pollution gear had to go on at the start of 1974 anyway, but it had been ripped off mine.
7. first registered owner was GM-H - true - I know this because my father in law worked at GM Dandenong, and he bought it off the original owner who bought it at the end of the GM lease.
8. special GTS rims which were chrome and black instead of grey and black - brother in law chromed them, I painted the black bits.

I could have also added that the front guards did not match exactly, and the front bumper had been hand beaten, because I crashed it and got it repaired.

PS - if anyone knows the whereabouts of this car I would love to buy it back...
hq2.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hard to sack the MANAGER! ;-)

Be easy...he is in a position of trust and he has breached that position

Now post his name up, along with one of your registered car details, so we can ask him for your address and check this car out

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What I'm trying to say is, sometimes people make out they know a lot about something but let their ego get in the way. If I had of listened to people about this car it may have been lost.
If it wasn't for Vic roads telling me about the first owner after i gave them the details of the car its history would have been lost.
If you think your right about something stick at it like I did for past two months. No bagging here anymore, if you want proof come and visit me and see the car.

I own a Centura....I've had plenty of people tell me there were 10 that came from the factory with 265's fitted....None can back it up with proof....ie, some document from the factory, or a dealership proving it....so beat your chest all you want....unless you post up proof, you're dribbling crap...

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Be easy...he is in a position of trust and he has breached that position

Now post his name up, along with one of your registered car details, so we can ask him for your address and check this car out

According to OP its a "her" and details for OP's car are in post #6

79VCSLE said:
Hi, im new here and thought i would join the site as i have two commodore variants.
First is a 1997 HSV GTS prototype build 45, full history and provenance know.
Second is the car i recently bought being a 1979 VC SLE Prototype and the car i am currently trying to source details about.
I have been told it was one of six cars built as VC SLE prototypes (unconfirmed) six and
was a long lead dealer and press car and the actual car used for the cover of VC SLE Shadow tone brochure. It was built 10 months prior to the release of any VC Shadow tone car and was built at GMH factory in VC guise.
It is a Factory painted and build plated Tuxedo black over Aztec silver Shadow tone car, never repainted and has factory fit out of VC exterior and interior trim, ie prototype VC grill, taillights, stainless trims, headlight wipers, rear headrests etc etc, this is where things get interesting as the compliance plates say:
Compliance plate: VB COMMODORE SEDAN
5-79 AVB014922M
Skinny tag: 8X69RJJ659900B
Large tag: Model: VB8VX69
Body no: 659900M
Trim: 1484-11Y
Paint: 567-30851
Top: 568-30861
Eng: L36 Trans: M40 Axel: GU7
Why would GMH use VB sedans as prototypes?
Can anyone shed some light on this car.
It is in original unrestored condition.

Thanks in advance.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Ahhh... I must have missed that post. So for a car that has never been stamped, where did all those numbers come from?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
According to OP its a "her" and details for OP's car are in post #6

I didn't read that until after I posted....

I'm after the Managers name so I can ring her up and get the OP's address....that way, I can check the car out for myself...That's unless the Op wishes to post his address up, so we can all check it out...not just via a PM.

If the op is not willing to post any sort of proof up, ie this magical document, or these magical differences, for everyone to see,(not just me) he is obviously full of it.....

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I'll come see you Sunday, anyone keen lol? I'll bring my VC and compare. I'll also bring my size 13 boots in case they need to end up someones arse.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Please delete all posts concerning my car or any details.
Or I will take legal action against this forum or its operators.
Any dramas with that call me on 0450232667 or come see me!

Just out of interest, what legal action will you be taking???

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hard to sack the MANAGER! ;-)

Even more likely to be sacked. You do realize that every single key stroke in most government agencies is logged?

Come to my place you ####ing clown and call me that mate. I know who will end up with a size 13 shoe up their ass.

Just putting it out there......... You haven't actually ever met or seen Grennan have you???

I would like to be banned from this kindergsrten forum.
Instead of saying good on ya man for getting some important information out of vic roads you just bag me like your upset I can prove the car is what it is. Ive never felt such pity for a car forum in my life and im pretty well known around town. But next time a new member comes and joins cut him some slack and don't shoot him down.
I still haven't seen one bit of evidence to support anyone on this forum saying it's not a prototype.
Like i said, come have a look and except what i have is the real deal. You would think guys would be happy the car still exists but its like your all angry and back at school bullying the small kid. To the guy who called me a MONG , I hope your good, very good. Offer still stands clown, why don't you come see me and say it to my face? Got any balls? I don't know you from a bar of soap mate but I know how well i can dance the tango. So if you want to play , grow some balls and come see me.
Im not going to post, share information or come back to this forum.
Hope your proud of that boys.

Ok.... After reading most of it coz I needed some lols, I seriously would like to see some objective evidence - even detailed photographs of the car to support your claim.