Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1983 VH Commodore V8 Conversion

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Parts are on the way and should be here Sunday. Being sent via AriMail,

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ari came around this afternoon and helped (read did) put his quadrajet on the VH. Feels so good to have the car back up and running again after nearly 5 months of inaction. Need to get a throttle bracket so i can get the car moving and ofcourse tune it. A few video's from today:

If i hadnt smacked myself in the mouth and given myself such a large toothache i would still be grinning from ear to ear. So. ####ing. Pumped.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Sounds friging tough mate!

Got any new pics of that bay? Saw a few goodies I'd like to use on mine in that vid;)

A touch high on the idle btw...?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds friging tough mate!

Got any new pics of that bay? Saw a few goodies I'd like to use on mine in that vid;)

A touch high on the idle btw...?
Cheers mate. Car has been sitting for months so is dirty as all hell. What idea's were you thinking, might be able to help.

Idle and tune is all over the place. Carb has simply been bolted up and fuel pumped in. Doesnt have a throttle cable on it, so didnt bother with any tuning. Will be fixed and sorted out when i can get a throttle bracket etc.

The idle drops down nicely when it's in gear though so we will see :)

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Ok ideas/questions, hey u offered!

gilmers.. They look horn and I can kinda hear em on the vid but how tight are yours? So they whine all the time or only up top? I'm not after the noise just my belts are shagged so I'm thinking of it.

2200 stally, does it flash up decent and lock up on driving? How do u find it being a small one?

Any advice regards bogging smoothing the bay etc?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
My gilmer isnt anywhere NEAR tight enough. It needs a retighten, but the alternator needs a realignment because it's offset and has stripped half the belt width so i need to sort that out in the near future.

Stally, will be interesting how it goes when the car isnt bogging down because of the carb.

Advice for bogging/smoothing would be to take your time. Do it once, do it right. You dont want to get the paint down and then realise you could have done x part better etc. Be prepared to do alot of sanding :p

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Cheers mate.. Keep us posted on how the alternator/gilmer and stally turn out..

Good luck with it all, go take it for a spin!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking to replace the tyres on the VH. Just a quick search through Ebay found these. Tempted to bid on them:

$(KGrHqRHJCQE9q5g0PieBPk3WUR(QQ~~60_12.JPG