Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1983 VH Commodore V8 Conversion

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
This car continues to piss me off. I dont have the time, or the space to complete this car properly anymore.

Marcus bring over some spare discs....

:p

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
So the plan is that the motor comes out of this and then the car gets wheeled outside and sat under a weatherproof carcover. I just dont want this car halfdone and havent got the space, the time or the money to build it properly. I will most likely cancel the rego and then if i ever decide to put it back on the road deal with it then...

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Easy fix give the slow 3.0ltr the boot and bang the V8 into Lux! Best of both worlds, you'll be able to over take a car that's doing more than 5kph. Lol

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Motor from the VH will mostly be going into a boat. The Hilux cost me too much to be taking apart and putting motors that are a pig to drive into.

Made up a throttle bracket tonight, needs a return spring though. Was good to have it running though

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH is now up for sale.

I have an engagement party, house and wedding to pay for. Time to try and get some money back in the pocket.

Will sell it for $7,000 ono this thread atests to the time and effort that's gone into building it.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Sucks mate... But I did the same with my vx. Best of luck.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Dammit Sab, just read this whole thread thinking "wow what an awesome car he'd never get rid of it"!

Nah I'm doing the same with my VT, no space, no money, no time to re-build it and is in argueable worse condition than your VH was (it's done a "few" kms). Hope you get the money you want for it mate, god knows it's worth it :thumbsup: