Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1983 Vh

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
this is my first car, 1983 VH SL 3.3L I bought it for $1500 and it came with the following

-8 months rego
-sony xplod 4x45W CD player
-2x6" speakers
-2x 6x9" speakers
-250 C.F.M webber
-1/4 cam (as so im told)
-Hi Tech Headers
-2 1/4" lukey exhaust
-5 speed M76 borg warner
-sports tacos
-sports steering wheel
-15" mags
-new 7" wide tyres
DSC01671.jpg

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

DSC01678.jpg

DSC01679.jpg

DSC01681.jpg

DSC01684.jpg

DSC01685.jpg

DSC01686.jpg

Things Ive Added:
-New seat covers
-crome exhaust tip
-Brock Spoiler
-100watt drive lights
-sports pedals

Things ive added which are not in the pictures
-A SL/E / SS cluster theyre the same for the VH arnt they??? any how it has 80000 less km on the clock ;) so im happy :yeah:

Things that im going to do
-interior respray
-exterior respray
-VC HDT flares and front spliter
-A9X Bonnet Lump
-Hood lock down pins
-253Ci V8 (rebuilding one as we speak and have another hopfully ariving monday)
-drop tank

please tell me what you think

Last edited:

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
yeah not to bad mate. interior looks nice. are u doin any engine mods with the new engine?

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the comments on the interior. :thumbsup: Im not sure yet because ive got one coming in on monday from another commodore which was hotted up and I dont know what extent that engine was done up, if its pretty standard I was thinking of putting roller rockers, 1" carbie spacer, extractors/headers, and a mild cam in. same with the pre pollution red 253 I got which i was going to put in my commodore before this complete one came along. as im getting this commodore one for nothing as far as I know :w00t:

Do I need a K-frame to put the 253 on?? :unsure:

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just an Update, got the other 253 yesterday, its an almost complete engine, only missing; water pump, alternator, coil, leads, starter motor, and fuel pump. came with crome 253 rocker covers :yeah: which have a little bit of rust, but im told steel wool will get rid of that.

My 1st 253 only has water pump, complete heads, pistons, block, oil pump, old rocker covers and one mounting bracket,

I know my 1st 253 needs new pistons, and a whole ton of parts (that i can get most off the other 253 if need be) the cam in this one looks better than the new one.

the 2nd 253 looks to be in pretty good condition all the gaskets look newish however the heads dont look that good in the rockers so far, dunno what the pistons are like. it wont turn over much at the moment so im thinking somthing is broken or somthing is just disconected.

Hopfully pics will come soon.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
depending on how much rust is on tha rocker covers i prob wld not use steel wool on it. it wld take tha shine of them. they scrach pretty easly. sounds like uv got a good project there tho. nice to see someone from tassie. used to live there couple years back

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
A person recomended getting them recromed, depending on how much that would cost i may just get new ones.

theres quite a few nice commies cruising around in tas at the moment, it's a pitty not many are shown on the forum

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
A person recomended getting them recromed, depending on how much that would cost i may just get new ones.

theres quite a few nice commies cruising around in tas at the moment, it's a pitty not many are shown on the forum

it wld prob be tha better option jus to get new ones. i dont know how much it wld cost to get recromed but i cant imagine it wld be that cheap. ya there are a heap of nice commys round tas. i was from Devonport. down tha bluff there are plenty of nice cars. friday sat nites goes off lol

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fri n Sat nights in burnie are meant to go off too but last time i went cruiseing it was pretty quiet. :(

I pulled the sump off and found bits of bearing in it, the engine has exploded a piston and bent a push rod, :cry: so if the heads n block are stuffed i'll just use my other one. got lots of good bits anyway :yeah:. we think they ran the V8 with low oil

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fri n Sat nights in burnie are meant to go off too but last time i went cruiseing it was pretty quiet. :(

I pulled the sump off and found bits of bearing in it, the engine has exploded a piston and bent a push rod, :cry: so if the heads n block are stuffed i'll just use my other one. got lots of good bits anyway :yeah:. we think they ran the V8 with low oil

********s :bang: thats pathetic id b ringen up who ever sold me that motor

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
It only cost me a slab of booze, the carbie and manifold n heaps of other stuff are in good working condition so it aint too bad, the other day I put a body kit on layby which is the VC skirts n flares:thumbsup: