Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1983 Vh

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
put some pics on when u get them fitted. she'll look tuff

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
yep I will, just need to borrow a camera :thumbsup: it wont look too tough just yet, but thanks anyway, due to not having the flared front splitter and being a greenish colour, but it will look good and fairly low. (just imagine it in jet black :yeah:)

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya black has always been my favourite colour on commys or any musle car. thought of doin it to mine but silver looks cool to (colour its got). tha paint is almost new so there wld be no point

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver is very nice i debated that colour once but yeah black is just as good :yeah:. Picked up the flares I thought they were a greenish colour but i got the colour mixed up some how dunno where i got greenish from anyway the flares are actually a dark blue metalic, which wont look too bad until i get the respray, i havent put them one yet as im waiting to get time to fix the left hand side skirt and some of the minor damage, and get some nuts and etc to attach them, but i think i did very well for $100.

does anyone know how the flares and skirts exactly go on? i have a fair idea im just looking for confirmation.

Pics coming soon, bare with me lol

in the last two weeks ive spent $500 on my car, $100 for the kit, n $400 to get all the electrics fixed (as I hate working on the electrics) and getting the SS or SL/E cluster in.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
id be askin a panel beater for professional advise. about fittin flares and side skirts. my side skirts look like they have jus been bolted in. behind the front wheel where the mud flaps wld be its jus been screwed on there. and in front of tha back wheel there is another couple of screws holdin it there. since ur car was not originally fitted with them ull prob have to make ur own holes to fit them. if u need to see it to get a bit more of an idea i cld prob take a pic and post it up.

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
my flares are bolt ons so im thinking im gonna have to drill some holes, and the skirts look as though they fit in under the bottom door jams, (the gap between the door and the car)

This is the look im inspired by, this pic is of the ADP improved VH and is from Home of the HDT
vhadp_front.jpg

my flares are the same by the looks of it, but the skirts are a lil different

Last edited:

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks :thumbsup:, where can i get sikaflex from?, I got the nuts for the flares today, 26 of them from $1.80. I did some lining up of the non damaged skirt and its gonna look tuff even tho the skirts are a different colour

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
u shld try getten those original strips with hdt written on it like in tha pic. make a replicar

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah I have been debating doing that, however i'll be using a torana bonnet lump rather than a commodore one for somthing different.

bit of an update on the engine, the 253 that i got recently is fully apart, the block looks buggered but thats not a prob because my other block is fine. ive got the cam out of it apparently doesnt look standard so i'll be looking into that to find out more information.

got the carbies butterflies opening again as they were rusted shut, that took two weeks of soaking in kero and a bit of encouragment,

priced a short motor and a long motor from bursons, $1700 with heads for short, $2150 for long

Does anyone know what repco charge?

Ive got a feeling that i'll save myself $1000 by using the good block i have at home.

:bang: still trying to get a camera