Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1983 wb statesman

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
picked this up yesterday after heading up to the hills for lunch with a mate ended up going a weird way and seeing this for sale one thing led to another and now its in my garage really stoked

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
$3300

came with a $1300 receipt for recon trans he did a couple months back cause they were going to keep it & partial service history apparently has been rebuilt a few years back to take unleaded and gas

when i have the time i want to get the motor compression tested if that checks out i will do exhaust, extractors, cam and a bigger carby then when she goes look into 355 stroking options

if the motor is knackered will probably start putting money away now for the 355 option

also in the mean time will fix the interior up and look for a set of old school chromies

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
its still registered :) got my mate to drive it home for me as i followed as far as i can tell i need to check the cooling system as i think theres a leak in the heater core under the dash, and i need to do the brakes

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
thought id update a couple of my old threads, soon after i got the stato realized it had a substantial amount of rust in it so we have decided to strip it compleatly back and redo everything motor just came out on the weekend prepping it for 355 rebuild

managed to get a hold of cerulean blue caprice leather seats had the door trims retrimmed with high quality reproduction cloth, new moulded carpets and retrimmed and stitched centre console caprice replica.

heres some photos of the rust repairs we have slowly done over the past few months

DSC_05431024x768.jpg

DSC_05371024x768.jpg

DSC_05361024x768.jpg

DSC_05351024x768.jpg

DSC_05341024x768.jpg

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Given that there's hardly any of these left on the road its nice to see you're fixing the rust and not just stripping it for parts :)