Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

<--- 1991 Holden Vn2nV --->

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
Give us an update on the dash already. Is it back together?

EDIT- just found some updates in other parts of the forum.

Am interested to know if you think the effort has been worth it in the end and if everything has met your expectations

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Well... Im only halfway there lol.

I took the dash out on Wednesday but left it at that so I could sleep before work (had night shift)... Thursday I slept when I got home then got up and painted the dash black and blue.

Friday I was meant to finish it off, but got stuck on a bolt. Theres an allan key bolt that connects the A/C high and low pressure hoses to the HVAC box and mine would NOT budge. It stuffed 2 allen keys, including a sidchrome one it snapped. I got it out 7:30ish last night and took the HVAC box out, and got coolant everywhere :p

But im not touching it this weekend as 1.) im lazy 2.) its 40 degrees and 3.) i need a mates soldering kit.

So i'll finish it Monday... But so far other than that 1 bloody bolt its gone well and is worth it.

Only issues I've had are the allen key bolt, removing steering wheel was a bit of a whore, and broke a wire that goes to my aftermarket tacho but thats nothing.

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
Ahh k so it kinda sounds like there was only a couple of little things that have held you up while the rest has been pretty straight forward so far..... cool. Hopefully it will inspire others to give it a go!

JSTPOZN

S.A. The Defect State
Reaction score
Members Ride
Air Bagged VR Calais, VLCT RB20, VLCT EFI V8 Turbo
lol I charge by the hour, including my stupidly long drink breaks :p

Sounds good to me... Ill pay $2 a hour.. and haev a stupidly long drinks break with you... you supply the drinks aswell :thumbsup: