Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1993 vr calais Car is turning over really slowly like something is binding up will roll over one side of the motor and stop

dj19993vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr series 2 vr calais vs Ute
Then hit the key it'll roll over the other side/bank n stop replaced starter motor coz it had nothing but a sound of smacking the starter wheel against the flywheel originally after just shutting down out of nowhere 1km from home what could it be can supply video just have to figure out how to could it be as simple as a bad earth coz an earth wire is cactus or am I looking at a bent push rod or seized motor

Having A Break

Reaction score
Members Ride
Goggomobile
Firstly, congratulations on the longest post title in history lol :)

Did you have the engine running with the new starter.

To eliminate the starter as the cause, remove it and see if the engine turns over by hand.

I have seen siezed ac pulleys cause the engine to lock on cars with serpentine belts (on V6). It could also possibly happen on V8.

It could have a cylinder that is hydrolocking, ie partially filling with water.

If you haven't had it running since replacing the starter motor, suspect the item being faulty or correct fitment/alignment.

Double check wiring to the starter for secure attachment.

Last edited:

dj19993vr

Reaction score
Members Ride

To eliminate the starter as the cause, remove it and see if the engine turns over by hand.

I have seen siezed ac pulleys cause the engine to lock on cars with serpentine belts (on V6). It could also possibly happen on V8.

If you haven't had it running since replacing the starter motor, suspect the item being faulty or correct fitment/alignment.

Will do when it stops raining

Is only a 6 n no hasn't Ran didn't think of a siezed pulley and hydrolock is a possibility coz there is the heater core that has been bypassed n kinked n still underpressure n taken out n put it starter 3 times

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Yeah,can't read that...

dj19993vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
maybe watch the video bur have another motor here n the one in the car takes everything I got to roll it over with a breaker bar no spark plugs
the other Motor I could do it easy n misses still won't take my answer just tells me im wrong

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
maybe watch the video bur have another motor here n the one in the car takes everything I got to roll it over with a breaker bar no spark plugs
the other Motor I could do it easy n misses still won't take my answer just tells me im wrong
google translate didn't know what to make of this either

Having A Break

Reaction score
Members Ride
Goggomobile
Did you take the serpentine belt off when you tried to turn the engine by hand.