Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1995 VS Speed limted?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah,Ive seen a few of em around, here in australia.A mate used to own one.I dont think holden sold very many though..the engine was too small for the car.people who did buy em were mad ,especially when you could get a 6 or an 8.And they werent that much better on fuel then the 6.The engine had to work too hard, and this made it use more fuel than it should have.This engine was also used in some sunbird toranas,it wasnt much better in them either.

BxTom

Reaction score
did we get those in aus? i thought they were a nz model only or something??

Yep, I drove one or two for a government department in the early eighties (81? 82?). They were gutless and chewed the juice. I think that Toyota were saddled with the same motor at that time. I *think* that they were the same bore/stroke as a 161 from memory, but with only four cylinders.

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Called the "starfire" engine.
1.9 liters of pure rubbish.
As above, a blue motor with two cylinders lopped off.
Came out in VC iirc. My mother in-law had a manual one anbout 15 years ago and a mates dad had an auto sedan as a new company car.
(Toyota used it, but with a jap carbie, in the XT130 Corona. Still just as bad)

Im fairly sure a 5.0 VC would have a higher top speed than a 1.9 even with the same gearing.

For those who speak in carbies and points, my 302ci XC hardtop (4sp, 2.75:1 diff, 245/60-14 tyres) would pull a max of 4700rpm in top (according to a digital tacho).
The clever ones can work out the speed.

JaydenBra

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore sedan| 1998 VS Commodore Ute|
This thread is full of trolls and bullshitters.

the only good posts have been the first couple and the last couple.

Can you please close the thread mods??

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Im still waiting for the "know it alls" to quote where it says a standard VS did 250km/h. Since they keep mentioning that happening.
How ever, i still have the GPS top speed read out of 163km/h which a standard VS got up to in a decent time.

JaydenBra

Reaction score
Members Ride
all i know is, a vs v6 can get to 210, unless my speedo is ####ed, which means it's not electronically limited like i used think...

END THREAD.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
all i know is, a vs v6 can get to 210, unless my speedo is ####ed, which means it's not electronically limited like i used think...

END THREAD.

Dial speedo's are never spot on. Look at how many people sit on 97 kph thinking it's 100.

So at 210kph you would be looking at approx 200 "real" kph.

JaydenBra

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well that's fair enough then, I thought it would have been off.

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
My vs goes from 100kmh to 200kmh in 3rd in about 6/7 seconds 2 gears left i dont see why it couldnt do 250kmh? v6 5spd chip touqre chip . headers. exaust, cold air

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
250kmh is a smitch over 150mph... i doubt a vs v6 could do that. most modern cars are only just capable of doing that let alone a 10+ year old car...