Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1995 VS Speed limted?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Now you get on here, and act like you have said and done nothing ,and tell me to be civilised,pfff.The point is a mostly standard V6 will never get to a road speed of 250km/h.And is flat at around 200 km/h.I just call bullshit when I know its bullshit, and some people on here cant handle hearing the truth.

admir87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
Now you get on here, and act like you have said and done nothing ,and tell me to be civilised,pfff.The point is a mostly standard V6 will never get to a road speed of 250km/h.And is flat at around 200 km/h.I just call bullshit when I know its bullshit, and some people on here cant handle hearing the truth.

I didnt say anything about 250 and you can look back and check that for yourself!

and I didnt act like an uncivilised person calling other members on this forum wankers and idiots..

take it how you want

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
mate who you calling an idiot?

seems as though you got no other brains then to sit there and call people wankers and idiots. maybe you should learn to be civilised!

I simply stated where i got with my VR V6, km/h, revs, gear etc and your going on like a goose. Grow up

I'll call you an idiot, you think your vr v6 got to 200 km/h in 3rd at 3500rpm....YOU ARE AN IDIOT

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I didnt say anything about 250 and you can look back and check that for yourself!

and I didnt act like an uncivilised person calling other members on this forum wankers and idiots..

take it how you want

You can try to change the subject all you like by continually mentioning about how bad I speak to other people on the forum..It doesnt change the fact about what you have said and bullshitted about..And I only speak that way to people who get on here who try and lie to people and make stupid ridiculous claims like you have..See ya mate.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
But mine wasnt a ridiculous claim. I said it managed to get to 250, it was a 5 speed and thats all i knew. I never said it was standard.

its still a rediculous claim even though its a 5 speed

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
so a commodore 3.8 will max out a 200 and some shitty little Renault will get to 230..... makes no sense to me.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Hi mate, Im not so sure this is true

VR V6 stock with 200000km on the clock did 200km at 3500rpm in 3rd gear (auto)

MATE, it was my OWN VR commodore v6, first gear held till 65km/h, second held till 120 or so, and third i dont know how long as at 200km/h it was still in third and not on the limiter.

now i admit might have been 4500rpm(but def no more then that) instead of 3500rpm, but still thats at 200km/h and in 3rd.

kept up with a 300zx v6 non turbo on that run. Is that normal?

and im sure it was stock as i bought it off an old man, everything was original

got no reason to make up s**t mate, just sharing my experience with the OP

and you say (At around 100 km/h the engine is reving at around 2 grand in drive(3rd)), thats cruising it, without much throttle, not at WOT mate!

someone sounds a bit confused first you ask if it can be true then you say it was your car :banstick:

admir87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
someone sounds a bit confused first you ask if it can be true then you say it was your car :banstick:

I asked if that normal, not is that true.... read properly

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
The V6 is working its guts out to get a heavy car like the commodore up to 200, and only just manages it,let alone 250,theres no way it would go that fast.The new 6 litre V8's are just reaching these speeds,was watching a test drive on the new VE the other day,the version released in the UK,same V8 engine as ours etc.They had it at an old airport on the runway,they were just managing to get it up to around 250.They said it was flat at that speed.Theres no way a V6 is gonna keep up with it.Years ago in the days of radar detectors,we used to get a 1988 VNV6 calais up to around 210,that was absolutely flat.

my bosses gto was speed tested to 278 by holden