Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1996 Vs Acclaim (First Car)

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim

Omerta

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS Acclaim
Woohoo for getting your system in finally :D

I must admit, looking at pics of your VS with just the stockies on it.. wasn't feeling it, liked the look of the VX's a lot more........... BUT!

Will look mad once you get her looking like this tho! Dig it ;)

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
Woohoo for getting your system in finally :D
I must admit, looking at pics of your VS with just the stockies on it.. wasn't feeling it, liked the look of the VX's a lot more........... BUT!
Will look mad once you get her looking like this tho! Dig it ;)

you telling me, im soo relieved, and its heaps good!

yeah, id have to agree with you on the VX wheels, they really did the car justice, and i probably wouldnt sell them, but the white walls and stuff will be a different look all together and im keen!

picked these up off a mate for free, they were all beaten up but after a good old polish they came up alright, they will probably be spares, incase anyone decides they like what they see.

as you can see, not the best shape, but heaps shiny!

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
so im slowly getting closer to my goal of this

i bought some centre caps of ebay this week, and they will be on the car by next weekend, the chrome dress trims have been put on hold untill i get my flappers put on so i can decide before i scratch up the stockies. Hopefully i will be purchasing some daewoo springs this weekend, and then by the 10th of march she will be done, ready for cruise for kids on the 11th :)

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Hey dude, car looks great man.

I would suggest chrome window surrounds, sorry if that idea has been thrown around already. Just skimmed though.

Imo I dont like the tinted side indicators, but that's just my personal opinion. If you love em that's all that matters mate (cept chev badges) lol

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
howd you go getting the door strips off? i want to take mine off but im nervous about what the paints like underneath haha

got my hands on some stockies the other day so im after the caps next too :w00t:

sexy looking photo :spot on:

mate they were abit of a pain in the ass, the caramel wheel is the only way to do it without wrecking the paint, but just do it reallllyyyy slow, like honestly, as slow as you can. but its soo worth it. PS, if the paints bad just cut and polish and it will bring it back really nice.

sick man, how much did you get them for if you dont mind me asking.

just keep an eye out on ebay, there are a couple thrown up like every month for under $50.

Hey dude, car looks great man.

I would suggest chrome window surrounds, sorry if that idea has been thrown around already. Just skimmed though.

Imo I dont like the tinted side indicators, but that's just my personal opinion. If you love em that's all that matters mate (cept chev badges) lol

thanks man, apreciate the comment.

yeah id love some but these days they are soo hard to come by, there are always some at the wreckers but people are stupid and just pry at the triangle window chrome peices which f*cks them, so if i find some cheap ill get them.

im not too sure about the indicators either, they are just spares so i still have my clear ones, just wanted to try something new with some leftover nite shades.

UPDATE!

the Centre caps arrived!

so i sanded them...

then primed them...

then painted them...

they will be on the car in the next few days and hopefully some whitewalls and a tint will come in the next week or two :)

Last edited:

ryflyy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spack
mate they were abit of a pain in the ass, the caramel wheel is the only way to do it without wrecking the paint, but just do it reallllyyyy slow, like honestly, as slow as you can. but its soo worth it. PS, if the paints bad just cut and polish and it will bring it back really nice.

sick man, how much did you get them for if you dont mind me asking.

just keep an eye out on ebay, there are a couple thrown up like every month for under $50.

ill have to have a look at doing it soon, makes it look very different when compared to the painted strips.

i didnt pay much at all really haha, a couple months back a mate of mine who works for ventura buses here in melbourne gave me a pair of stockies he found at the dumpster at his work, those tyres are pretty much gone though
and just the other day i finished off my set, buying another 2 for $15, get some very nice deals of ebay every now and then :thumbsup: im just looking to buy a set of cheap decent tyres though, not wanting to spend heaps of money, we'll see how i go