Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1996 Vs Acclaim (First Car)

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Damn! ill give them a go, soo how much they rubb, they probably will heaps but!

also trayner, what lug nuts do you use, because forgive me if im wrong, but supersports are made for 14mm studs, which means the lug nuts must be wider to accomodate for the movement in the wheel, help would be much apreciated!

Mine are not genuine rims , but I just use the normal acorn lug nuts

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
Mine are not genuine rims , but I just use the normal acorn lug nuts

ohh ok, fair enough, because the studs on a ve are 14mm i need to find really wide acorn nuts that will fill the holes, so i will be searching around. but id like to pickup some supersports when the money allows :)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
oh sh*t, are they too wide and too thick :/ these might be too much trouble

The profile is too high will stuff up your speedo reading and could also effect your acceleration and fuel consumption negatively because of the increased rolling diameter.

You will probably get rubbing. I believe the "inside" of the front tyres may rub on the strut assembly.

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
The profile is too high will stuff up your speedo reading and could also effect your acceleration and fuel consumption negatively because of the increased rolling diameter.

You will probably get rubbing. I believe the "inside" of the front tyres may rub on the strut assembly.

hmm, maybe ill sell the tyres and find some thinner ones, or maybe sell the wheels as a whole, and keep this look i have in my head going, keep an eye out, i will have a decent update next week :)

thanks for the help boys

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
Looks nice mate

cheers man, thanks for the inspiring words :)

so i still havent decided what ill be doing about the wheels yet, but i think ill probably just ask a couple people around the forum, and possible buy new tyres or just sell the wheels and pickup some vy ss wheels, because i like the look of them :) but so far idk what direction im going to go.

but by the end of the week i will have flappers on my stockies and hopefully an 18% tint all round.

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
Today i got my car tinted, for a really good price, i got the entire car (except windscreen) in 15% so yeah, real dark!

i really like it, it darkens up the sides of the car and makes the door handles kinda suit now. let me know what you think

also let me know what you think about keeping or removing the rear window stickers, im kinda leaning towards the clean no sticker look.

sorry about the mini photoshoot.

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
15% is illegal isnt it? well is here anyway.

Yeah your right, 15% is illegal, but oh well, 30% just isnt dark enough, plus i can see perfectly through it even at night.

Nope, its 30%

How much did you pay for you'r tint ?

30% is the darkest legal

umm $150, from a guy who is known for cheap good tints, he had been working previously in the trade for a few years and now he does tints in his spare time.