Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1998 VT Wagon Manual Conversion

98vtwags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Aclaim Wagon
Okay so I have a Series I VT Aclaim Wagon that I want to convert to manual. I am new to all this so can anyone tell me what kind of box I have to look out for and will it just bolt straight on or do I need to change the bell housing? Do I need to get my driveshaft adjusted and a new diff? Does the traction control still work? I know it will cost heaps and is not worth doing but I still want to do it.

Any info anyone?

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
I've done it. You need a getrag box. A wiring loom. The manual computer. The manual tailshaft and the pedal box. The easiest way is to just buy a kit from eBay or a wreckers.

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
I should mention that if you try to find a manual wagon tailshaft you will be laughed at. So you need to split two tailshafts and use the front of a manual one and the rear of a wagon one, because the centre bearing is in a different spot in the tunnel. Also you need to relocate the exhaust hanger

98vtwags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Aclaim Wagon
Pedals

Have found a box just wondering now if all the pedal holes for a manual conversion are already there or do I have to drill holes myself?