Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 VS SIII S 5.0 Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG V8 S Ute
Maybe a tad :)
Certainly not full time anymore but used to be. Not automotive but I spend some time most weeks shooting someone shooting for my current employer.
Ha, thought so - framing was just too good for Joe/Joanne Average !!

What colour silver was used on your engine covers ?

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Ha, thought so - framing was just too good for Joe/Joanne Average !!

What colour silver was used on your engine covers ?
Lol at least someone noticed.

Just standard Mag Wheel silver. Like the generic one on most vehicles. It was a mag wheel joint that did them so I just pointed at the wall and of course it was in stock. Looks nice and clean in real life also.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG V8 S Ute
Lol at least someone noticed.

Just standard Mag Wheel silver. Like the generic one on most vehicles. It was a mag wheel joint that did them so I just pointed at the wall and of course it was in stock. Looks nice and clean in real life also.

Fluke or by design, bloody perfect colour - made even crisper beside black bananas !!

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
I took the ute for a big drive upto Northern Nats on the weekend by myself and did about 800kms round trip (No I didn't enter I just camped out of it as it's way to slow). Before I left I serviced it and flushed the cooling system and it ran flawlessly. I think the back shocks are pretty much blown out so it wasn't the best drive on the old bone snake but I thoroughly enjoyed driving through the tablelands in it with the windows down.

I got to Sunday after I packed up camp and went to turn the key and it wouldn't fire. Boy did I almost rage! I had a sneaky feeling it was an immobiliser issue but the guy camping next to me gave me a hand and we narrowed it down to no spark and we assumed the coil was dead. I was about to pull it of and walk around asking half a dozen commodore owners if they had a spare before I thought I'd follow my gut instinct and try the key.

Chipped the glue out from it and found a heap of corrosion around the head of the key where it earths. Flipped it round. screwed it back together with 1 screw and eleccy tape cause the other broke and off it goes first start. I was doing the math of a 400km tow and it didn't look good so I was pretty quick to burn out of there :D .

I also got a new tune sent from Bill Lee which fixed my idling issues and it ran the best ever on fuel. Got about 11 litres to the 100 on the highway. Fuel light isn't even on yet and I'm at about 440kms which is a significant record and I was in 4th half of that up and down hills. Probably get 500 if I babied it.

Anyway awesome weekend and I took a tonne of wicked photos. Here's a few.

0Q3A4827-2-2.jpg
0Q3A4803.jpg
0Q3A4420-2.jpg

0Q3A4986.jpg
0Q3A5046.jpg
0Q3A4963-2.jpg
0Q3A4239.jpg
0Q3A4221.jpg
0Q3A3722.jpg
0Q3A3586.jpg

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
There is some serious engine in a lot of those buses. :)
Mate, first night I sat next to the track with my camera when that gold XT opened up 5 meters from my face and my ******* eardrums instantly started popping. I pretty much dropped my camera and jammed my fingers in my ears straight away. It was on par with a belt fed .776 and no ear pro. After 2 hours of on par noise I decided I would never make that mistake again. I bought some active hearing as I thought It's be loud up close but not like that. No one else seemed to be wearing any so I didn't wanna look like an idiot. Next morning my tinnitus started playing up like madness and I walked around with my peltors not caring if people looked at me like a weirdo :D.

They are absolute weapons of machinery. However during the promod finals every 3rd car came off on a towtruck lol. Expensive hobby.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Obviously the cost of living crisis is not affecting everyone like we are led to believe.
I don't get it. Must be inheritance, realestate investments or the lottery. I struggled to get the money together for fuel and a camping pass let alone a truck from WA with 6 sets of tyres, a 20k bottom rebuild end and a new diff.