Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 VS SIII S 5.0 Ute

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
… work will transport it for free to Tassie…
Just take some good pics a few days before it’s shipped as they can be handy to have.

I’ve had my car shipped via truck carriers and it ended up with an oil stain on the roof. That stain wouldn’t come off so they paid for a roof respray which I was going to do some time later… but never got around to it…

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Just take some good pics a few days before it’s shipped as they can be handy to have.

I’ve had my car shipped via truck carriers and it ended up with an oil stain on the roof. That stain wouldn’t come off so they paid for a roof respray which I was going to do some time later… but never got around to it…
Yeah I know work doesn't insure them when their freighted which sucks. Never had an issue coming up but have heard of lots of people having problems. Hopefully it's gone by then.

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
I used dtc transport and great people to deal with,when my car got dropped to Mackay from Adelaide it had an yellow 2 door ford fully restored that had been won in a veterans raffle going to Townsville,I would have happily taken it too was a nice looking car!

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Got a pre roady on Tuesday and of course a few days before the clutch fluid disappeared and found it leaking in the cabin. Just ordered a new clutch master and some engine mounts. The fact it was just the engine mounts I'm pretty happy about. He was fairly impressed with it for a commodore :D

If these parts come next week and this cyclone doesn't wipe us out it'll come with a current QLD RWC.

I do have a feeling I'm not even going to get 15k so I'll probably end up keeping it as it's not worth selling for less than that for me. At least it'll pass a roady in Tassie no trouble.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Yeah, It's Christmas it aint going anywhere. I'll deal with it next year when I'm home. I'm not really stressed at the moment as I shuffled some funds and got myself a little bit of kit to keep myself occupied for now :)

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I do wish all the best but secretly hope it doesn't sell and you manage to keep and enjoy in Tassie.
Edit . once it's gone = well = starting all over again and from a higher start base if decide later = OH I want.