Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 VS SIII S 5.0 Ute

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
I do wish all the best but secretly hope it doesn't sell and you manage to keep and enjoy in Tassie.
Edit . once it's gone = well = starting all over again and from a higher start base if decide later = OH I want.
Haha yeah I'm kinda slightly hoping it doesn't go as well as I know I'll regret it one day.

Na stuff it, I'm going to cuss in here and say I want an EBXR8 or 5.0 Ghia :rolleyes:

I know I'm sick guys but I've been fighting it for years and can't help myself...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Haha yeah I'm kinda slightly hoping it doesn't go as well as I know I'll regret it one day.

Na stuff it, I'm going to cuss in here and say I want an EBXR8 or 5.0 Ghia :rolleyes:

I know I'm sick guys but I've been fighting it for years and can't help myself...
If you buy an E Series best have shares in a tyre factory since you will need a new set every 12 months.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
If you buy an E Series best have shares in a tyre factory since you will need a new set every 12 months.
I'm confused, I do remember you've said something about troubles you had back in the day I think.. 90s commodores are equal bags of crap like the Falcons are. There is little difference in anything. I've had several and there is no difference in tyre wear. They are all basic cars in general.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm confused, I do remember you've said something about troubles you had back in the day I think.. 90s commodores are equal bags of crap like the Falcons are. There is little difference in anything. I've had several and there is no difference in tyre wear. They are all basic cars in general.
My old EF would round the front tyres in no time. My VR I had no such trouble that I can remember.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
EA through to FGX had issues with tyres scrubbing on the front or them drifting/pulling one way or the other, especially when lowered slightly

EA to EL, you had to buy an after market camber kit to solve the issue

AU through to FGX you could get away adding shims before buying the kit.

All of them, left hand side was an prick to undo the upper control arm nuts to add shims...

V8's both sides.

I did have a heater hose bust on me to a gas converter once adding shims to one of these lumps of junk and got 3rd degree burns up my right arm as a result....

Had the truckers with a passion

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
It's gone.

I'm a tad more depressed than I expected and barely slept last night :D

Anyway chapter is closed and on to a new life.

Thanks for all the advice and kind words over the years. I probably didn't get into the community as much as I should but hopefully someone got or gets something out of my issues in the future as I got so much more than I could think of out this platform.

Also it went to a good home (mechanic) and is mostly going to shed live with some paint touch ups in the future.

Feel free to lock away if anyone likes because I probably wont be around for a few years.

Good luck with all your rigs in the future!